Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface

172.16.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

0.0.0.0 172.16.32.31 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0

[urjaman@localhost ~]$ /sbin/route

Kernel IP routing table

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface

172.16.0.0 * 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

default alakerta 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
This is my firmware network, but I think i misinterpreted that route -n result he posted, destination 0.0.0.0 seems to mean default, so his route seems to be fine.

But if ping 8.8.8.8 doesnt work, it seems that internet is off limits for some reason, and it sounded like a routing related error.

Maybe OP should try to ping his router or some other device on the same network? eg. ping 192.168.178.1 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it worked for a few seconds just by setting the route manually, we can be pretty sure it's the route, right?

I can't ping anything.

192.168.178.1 (router) = error

www.openpandora.org = error

:blink:

But there isn't a problem with the router... every device (laptop, pc, xbox..) is working fine. With the exception of my Pandora.

I reflashed 3 times but it doesn't fixed the problem :(

Oh,...I forgot: Pinging the pandora isn't possible too... but the pandora seems to get a right IP

*worried*

I don't know if this is going to help, but I had wifi issues last week after reflashing (for an unrelated reason) and then installing Hotfix4. Reinstalling Hotfix4 (just the Hotfix, not the firmware) fixed the problem.

I don't know if this is going to help, but I had wifi issues last week after reflashing (for an unrelated reason) and then installing Hotfix4. Reinstalling Hotfix4 (just the Hotfix, not the firmware) fixed the problem.

Thanks! This is working fine for me!

So the problem seems to be that the full flash image of HF4 is not actually the full flash image. Missing something, specifically related to the wifi.

Maybe I have to explain what happend:

After flashing the full HF4 image wifi did not work (The pandora gets an IP from the local DHCP Server but nothing happend. I wasn't able to ping another server/IP/router or to surf on the internet)

Now I used Grusos workaround (thanks man!) and it works. But only if I use manual settings! I've to set IP, Route, Gateway and DNS (I use Google DNS) by my own...

Before I usedGrusos workaround this wasn't successfully.

---

In german for ED, cause my english isn't so good:

Ich hatte das HF4 Komplett-Image geflasht und konnte dann nicht mehr ins Netz. Sowohl manuelle als auch automatische IP Einstellung war für die Katz'.

Nachdem ich (wie Gruso sagte) HF4 nochmal alleine draufgespielt habe, ging es zwar immer noch nicht, aber das manuelle Setzen der Einstellungen half.

Ich musste zwar IP, DNS, Route und Gateway manuell festlegen, kann dafür aber jetzt surfen. Dies ging mit dem Komplett-Flash-HF4-Pack nicht.

So the problem seems to be that the full flash image of HF4 is not actually the full flash image. Missing something, specifically related to the wifi.

Well, that's impossible, because Hotfix 4 is built from the packages that are created from the full flash image creation...

notaz checked: Kernel and WiFi modules are exactly the same in the HotFix as in the full flash image.

Pretty weird...

would it be possible do some kind of crc-check for the image ?

this could help with corrupt files like pnds not running or this strange problem.

In my case the firmware I'd flashed was pre-HF4. Wifi was good. I then added HF4, wifi was bad, added HF4 again, wifi was good again.

Before my firmware flash though, I'd already been using the final HF4 and wifi was fine. So there's a intermittent little gremlin in there somewhere!

Glad it sorted you out Screeny. :)

But only if I use manuel settings! I've to set IP, Route, Gateway and DNS (I use Google DNS) by my own...
This is not totally unheard of. For example, my sister and my friend have no problem connecting their DSs to my WiFi, but my DS will only connect if explicitly given an IP address. It makes no sense, it's just one of those things that happens when things become more and more complex.

I spot this after installing HF4. Day before yesterday I borrow my Lenovo W500 to my wife and tried browse forums from my Pandora, as I did many times before. But I can't access internet at all. I spot that it work a few seconds after connection to router, but not then. Yesterday (Lenovo off in backpack), I did connect and browse without any flaw.

I'll try it again latter to get some repeatable results.

I just got my pandora today (yay!) but can't seem to get wireless working.

I also get Destination Host Unreachable. It does seem to connect and acquire an IP address, but nothing past that.

Here is the output from some commands like route: http://gist.github.com/568788

Any ideas?

I just got my pandora today (yay!) but can't seem to get wireless working.

I also get Destination Host Unreachable. It does seem to connect and acquire an IP address, but nothing past that.

Here is the output from some commands like route: http://gist.github.com/568788

Any ideas?

Try to set your IP & DNS (important!) for your WLAN Connection manually :)

(Right-click at the Networkmanager -> Wireless -> Select your WLAN -> Edit -> IPv4 Settings -> Method: Manual -> Adresses -> Add -> Insert your IP (for example 192.168.178.93 | Netmask: 255.255.255.0 | Gateway: (routers IP) 192.168.178.1 (f. ex!) -> DNS Servers: 8.8.8.8 --- Search Domain: leave blank) Don't forget to click on "Apply" ;)

You can use 8.8.8.8 as your DNS (It's the google DNS server)

--

I hope my english was good enough to help you :D

I don't think the problem is setting the IP or dns. As the ipconfig and cat /etc/resolv.conf showed, it does get an IP and dns server from the wireless router.

Turns out I didn't have hotfix 4 (well, I had whatever came from the factory. Don't know what that was). I just installed hotfix 4, and tried again. Essentially no change. http://gist.github.com/568854

I can try installing hotfix 4 again, maybe. It seemed to work for screeny...

[Edit: I see screeny, you said in a later post you had "set IP, Route, Gateway and DNS (I use Google DNS) by my own...". I'll try that later and report back (need to do some work now!).]

All right, I tried setting the IP manually. That does seem to help, because for the first time I could ping addresses on the local network. It did seem to not set the default route (even though I set it in the manual settings GUI). I tried to add the default route myself, and then it got "Destination Host Unreachable" as it seems that it was trying to route addresses to 192.168.1.55 (the IP I set for the pandora). Maybe someone who knows how to set up routes better than I do has some ideas?

http://gist.github.com/569357

This is very peculiar. When I first connect to the wireless, it works, provided I used the manual static IP setup. I can ping the gateway and other machines on the LAN. There is only the one line in routes table, so external packets are not routed.

Then I try to add the default route, and get Destination Host Unreachable.

Then I remove the default route, making the routing table exactly how it was before when it worked. Yet I still get Destination Host Unreachable.

This is very peculiar. When I first connect to the wireless, it works, provided I used the manual static IP setup. I can ping the gateway and other machines on the LAN. There is only the one line in routes table, so external packets are not routed.

Then I try to add the default route, and get Destination Host Unreachable.

Then I remove the default route, making the routing table exactly how it was before when it worked. Yet I still get Destination Host Unreachable.

Have you tried to reflash Hotfix 4?

Back