Help With Drmdv5b2

phshfe

Still Fresh
Hi there,
Hope I'm in the right Forum.

I just received my GP2x yesterday, I have been trying to get the DrMDv5b2 to load roms but have not had any luck.
I have read the read me file and tried to do what is says but still does not load.

On the SD card I put the rom in the md file, I tried it zipped and unzipped, still says 0 roms

I am sure I am being a dull tool here, can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be great.

do you have the roms in /roms/megadrive?
make sure to write it it exactly like this, its case sensitive.

If you can't get it to work I wouldn't worry, Beta 3 should be released soonish and this will have a rom browser which allows you to change directory. Hopefully this should be the end to this sort of problem.

phshfe posted on May 20 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
Hi there,
Hope I'm in the right Forum.

I just received my GP2x yesterday, I have been trying to get the DrMDv5b2 to load roms but have not had any luck.
I have read the read me file and tried to do what is says but still does not load.

On the SD card I put the rom in the md file, I tried it zipped and unzipped, still says 0 roms

I am sure I am being a dull tool here, can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be great.
Thanks for the quick reply's
on the SD card the files go like this games/DrMDv5b2/DrMDv5b2.gpe
gg
md
sms
read me
roms/megadrive/(then rom is here)

DrMDv5b2.gpe,gg,md,sms,read me and roms are in the same file, megadrive is in the roms file, and I put the rom in the megadrive file

hopefully this is understandable
I think I am doing it right, the GP2X says it shows 0 roms scanned.

any ideas
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a little problem with beta2. I can't change the volume and it's very loud. Somebody can help me ?

Mortys posted on May 31 2006 at 10:17 AM said:
I've got a little problem with beta2. I can't change the volume and it's very loud. Somebody can help me ?
verify that you don't have sound limiter in GP2x setting menu ;)

Yod4z posted on May 31 2006 at 11:57 AM said:
The limiter is off and the volume is normal and can be change in other apps. I've got sound but can't change the volume...

Mortys posted on May 31 2006 at 03:28 PM said:
The limiter is off and the volume is normal and can be change in other apps. I've got sound but can't change the volume...

You can configure the volume either by pressing the volume keys or by setting the volume in the md options menu. If these are not working then there must be a problem in the code, currently volume is controlled by accessing the mixer device. Why would work on some GP2Xs but not on others? What firmware do you have?

Reesy posted on May 31 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
Mortys posted on May 31 2006 at 03:28 PM said:

You can configure the volume either by pressing the volume keys or by setting the volume in the md options menu. If these are not working then there must be a problem in the code, currently volume is controlled by accessing the mixer device. Why would work on some GP2Xs but not on others? What firmware do you have?
Hi Reesy, I've just found what was wrong. In fact, I can't change the volume in one exact case. I don't know if it's a bug. When I set the volume at max in the GP2x video or music player, exit (or start the console), launch Drmdv5b2 the volume is set to max. When I try to change with the vol+ ou Vol-, the ouput stay at max volume but Drmd as the good value (if I press VOl- many times in the settings, I will have VOL 0). But if the volume isn't set To Max in the video or music player, everything works fine... and very fine. SO I've solved my problem but think it can be usefull to give you an explanation.
Thanks for the answer... and Drmd, of course.

I actually had this same problem and I'm glad I found this thread. My volume was maxed and I could not lower it in DrMD, it was extremely loud. So, I transferred over a small video clip, ran it in the movie player and lowered the volume. Now, I can adjust the volume in DrMD.

I tried to recreate the problem, but could not. The only thing I can think of is that I had freshly loaded the roms in DrMD, perhaps all it needed was a reboot.

Anyways, I think it should be added into a FAQ included with the readme. Thank you Reesy for an excellent piece of software.

Volume code had a bug. My pointer to the mixer device was not being initialised to null. Therefore when I tried to open the device the code thought it was already opened. This should now be fixed the latest version of DrMD which I'm working on at the moment, which should be released soon.

Back