Help with image printing

Garrett

Advanced Member
Sorry if it's blatantly obvious guys, but I'm stumped, anyways..

I just want to print DVD case sized 27.5cm/18.5cm images (not inserts) on sheets of A4 paper

Can't see the option to specify this image size in the print software I'm using (Kodak AIO Home Center) though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work out scaling ratio between DVD size and printable A4 size.

Add white space to the sides of the image in something like the gimp until the ratio is right.

Then print A4 sized

Work out scaling ratio between DVD size and printable A4 size.

Add white space to the sides of the image in something like the gimp until the ratio is right.

Then print A4 sized
Thanks for the advice, I've figured out how to get the size right by printing directly from PS CS5.. thing is doing it this way I can't change the paper/quality etc settings and this is causing horrible streaks & lines in the finished image.

Any ideas?

Sorry, not a photoshop user, nor a user of kodak equipment.

quote++ to the GIMP, though :)

I've figured out how to get the size right by printing directly from PS CS5.. thing is doing it this way I can't change the paper/quality etc settings and this is causing horrible streaks & lines in the finished image.

Any ideas?
Change the image's size properties in PS so that it's the exact physical size you want (and select a decent dpi res too, though watch out you don't make it too big, 200+ dpi usually good enough), save this duplicate sized version and print it as is from any other application - should come out almost exactly the right size.

EDIT:

You should have access to all the usual driver/setup options in PS - is there not a 'print setup' option below print? I'm not a CS user, maybe they've moved it all around, but all the usual tweaks and driver options have always been there in the versions I've used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back