Help With Snes Roms

DanielsanX7

Still Fresh
I installed pocket snes on my gp2x f-200. the emulator works. the roms however do not show up. i made a snes folder, then made a roms folder inside that where i put all of the roms. none of them show up. do they need to be special rom files? i mean i can't tell what extension they have. i think they are .smc which would usually work. when i added the extension myself, they did show up on the gp2x but the games would freeze when i tried to open it. i have no clue what to do. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANKS!

Maybe you could try to rename them to .zip. If that doesn't work then maybe you could try to get some different ROMs.

Turn off the 'hide extension' feature from Windows and then you'll know what extension your files have. Maybe they're 7Zip files instead of the standard zip.

.smc is the usual file extension for snes roms, however they can be opened by most emulators if they are zipped.

DanielsanX7 said:
but what kind of roms are they supposed to be?
I have .sfc in zipped files. I'm unsure about .smc. I'll check to see if they hang.

Last edited by a moderator:
DanielsanX7 said:
does anyone know any sites where i can find the snes sfc file roms?
Asking for/linking to dubious/illegal/copyrighted material is against forum rules, As doing so could get this site into hot water, Or possibly shutdown.

If you do feel the need to ask such questions, Please do so via PM.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
After I upgraded my F100 to Firmware 4.0 I could no longer see the roms in the roms folder with the SNES emulator. I think I saw this problem referenced on another forum topic as well.

Back