Msx Emulation Help Needed

dochuge

Still Fresh
OK folks,

Now this one emu doesn't have any documenation instructions. I went to the author's homepage and went to the wiki gp2x emulation page for help. Not much anywhere. Anywho, I have all my roms in the right place, the emu "sees" them, I can pick any of them but when I do I get a blank screen. I originally had some of the .rom files that came with the emu outside the roms folder and I moved them and placed them inside the roms folder. That didn't do anything to help. Is there a "trick" to making this emu work? THANKS!

I don't know about the GP2X MSX emu, but I'm familiar with pc MSX emus (especially BlueMSX).

The first thing you've got to be aware of is that there are two versions of the MSX computer (I and II) and there are many different manufacturers, all supposedly singing from the same hymn sheet and only software designed to play on certain machines will work under emulation.

Most emus allow you to set which version of the MSX your game and console is. Even then, they can be fiddly until you get used to it.

Are there settings in the emu to change the nature of the MSX (I or II)? Do you know which version of the software you are running?

Thanks for your help,

When I load up the emu it jumps directly to the rom list. The only thing I can change is to add a suffix to each game, they are: -msx1, -msx2, -msx2+, -diska, -diskb. Nothing works however. I get a black screen, and I even gave one time a few minutes to see if anything loaded. No dice! Anyhow, what was the most common version of the MSX? I don't have much experience with this computer, I don't think it was ever sold in the US. I did have an Amiga 500 which I dearly loved back in the day though! Any more help greatly appreciated, this is one emu that doesn't have much if any text support for the gp2x version.

iprice,

Thanks for your help. I got a different version of the same emu. It works now, however I am unfamilair with this computer. Many roms load BUT I get a text prompt. It reads disk BASIC version 1.0, then on the next line, OK. What do I type in after this. I tried the "run" command, sorry last time I typed in commands like this was back in the early 90's on DOS machines. I have .rom and .dsk images so they should work. I just don't know what the "magic" word is. Thanks again.

Back