Here It Is My Totally Biased And Flawed Review :)

DaveC said:
I noticed my name is not even on the sticker!

I only designed the case that holds the whole thing together, d-pad, buttons, minimenu etc!

WTF :blink:
Wow I never noticed that....

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
Bosbeetle said:
some pictures before I send it to its birthplace
62-2.jpg

I only designed the case that holds the whole thing together, d-pad, buttons, minimenu etc!

oops did you also put money in?

That totally sucks Dave. The sticker on your case should most certainly have your name on it.

DaveC said:
Bosbeetle said:
some pictures before I send it to its birthplace
62-2.jpg

Dave who? Did I misremember notaz and DJWillis working on the OS as well?

Hmmm - isn't that effectively "We thank everyone who made this possible - signed by Craig, MWeston, Fatih and EvilDragon" rather than listing them as "the people wot made it"?

"We also wish to thank all the people who helped us develop the Pandora and the OS."

I still do think that DaveC should explicitly mentioned. But that is a thanks from the listed team to all others, so...

Yeah, I've had this happen before; if you do a major part of the work but you're not too close with the team and don't explicitly ask to be credited, you often won't be.

At least you're still credited on the official website. I also edited the Wikipedia article to say that you designed the case. (though it looks a bit weird, because the real names of the others are known, and you're only known by your forum username).

DaveC said:

That's a letter. Craig, Michael, Fatih, and other Michael are basically "signing" a thank you note to all those that helped out. You are one of those (unnamed) people that has helped out, and helped out greatly. Or did you also want to be one of the people doing the thanking, rather than being thanked? :p

Yes, as has been said above, the semantics is that Craig, ED, Mweston and Fatih thanks everyone who helped develop it. The names on the sticker are not those being thanked, it is those sending the thanks.

Edit: :ph34r:

Moxie said:
Yes, as has been said above, the semantics is that Craig, ED, Mweston and Fatih thanks everyone who helped develop it. The names on the sticker are not those being thanked, it is those sending the thanks.

Edit: :ph34r:
Moxie srsly switch avatar, I had written half a response thinking that you were ED before I caught myself.

Maybe Moxie could just mirror his avatar so it faces right or something? Still the same, but obviously different enough that confusion shouldn't happen?

nikkopt said:
USB +5V 1.1A ??? So you need a cable like this one or it will charge anyway with 500mA?
IIRC by default it is configured to 600mA* - something that a PC usually is able to provide with a single cable.
Dunno why they made it a little out of spec...
1.1A is just the maximum current possible when charging with the USB cable.

* See Line 1075

EDIT:Fix Link

Back