Release Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - FreeHeroes2 - Release

S

StreaK

Whats this: Heroes of Might and Magic 2 [fheroes2] - engine

Info: The Free Heroes II project (FHeroes 2) aim to create a free implementation of Heroes of Might and Magic II engine using SDL

Installing original data from HOMM2:

You need to copy the original files from the game to the relevant folders:

data/ *.agg to [sdcard]/pandora/appdata/freeheroes2-app/data

maps/ (*.mp2) to [sdcard]/pandora/appdata/freeheroes2-app/maps

Differences between Pickle's freeheroes2 and this:

- Screen 800x480

- HotSeat / Battle-HotSeat enabled

- AI enabled

- SVN build [from 20/12/2011]

screenshot2010041807542.jpg

screenshot2010042002465.png

Download:

http://pnd.to/4floor[on FB Wall]

and of course:

Merry_Christmas.gif

Last edited:
Hello

Can I just say many do NOT use facebook :(

Hello

Can I just say many do NOT use facebook :(
Neither do I, but you don't need a facebook account to access the PNDs, so it's not an issue.

Though the link shortener didn't work for me. There's an extra space at the end, delete it and all's well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems a very good work :) Thanks StreaK

Don't have that game but i will it try soon.

Confirm that the link is not valid... :mellow:

please look more carefull :) , there is a link :D [on FaceBook Wall]

I wonder, why you get angry, when everybody complains, if an app does write to nand or something, but you never get tired of explaining people how to use face book ;) .

Also, does this have the touchscreenfix as well?

because in every release there's need to be a little bit of drama.. yeah

The music does no work on this release?

On the pickle version I was able to hear the music on the start screen and on cities but not now. Sound effects work though.

Is this related to high definition sound? A time ago I read something about using sound files instead midi (maybe I'm just confused), can be that this version only works with sound files?

Have you installed timidity?

That is needed for midimusic maybe.

Yes I have timidity, again, music worked on former version.

By the way I have been searching some information. It seems that sound and music can be provided by ogg files, and on the fheroes2.cfg must be specified to use ogg.

I have mounted the PND and looked at cfg file, music and sound is on, on the PND i can also see the folders music and sound with a text file listing the name that ogg files must have in order to work.

Ok, now I'm officially retarded. Now that I remember i moved all the SD contents to another card, as I saw the midi folder I though it was installed but it wasn't. Reinstalling midi did the job.

You have to do this again for every card. So if you change labels, you need to reinstall timidity.

Yesterday had a free day and tested for a few hours this version. I'm not pointing the lacks just for complain or ask developers to fix it, it's only as an advice for everyone who is going to try it.

-campaign is still unavalaible

-the touchscreen is unusable into the game it lose calibration.

-some map spells don't work, but they show a dialog explaining it.

-Sometimes the game reproduce a tweet that only ends when changing to another menu (but i'm not sure how it starts and how it disappears, aybe it's random). Quite annoying.

-poor performance, noticeable in battles (mouse movement becomes a bit quirky). Now I play 750mhz

-right mouse button stops working from time to time which left you unable to see some descriptions.

-minor graphic glitches. Maybe the worst one is the one that don't let you see the number of units in battle when a bigger walks before him.

It may seem that game has a lot of problems but the list of positive points would be way bigger than that one. For me the engine has reached a perfectly usable status I hope this project continues forward.

Thanks, this really is going to eat all my free time during holydays.

Yesterday had a free day and tested for a few hours this version. I'm not pointing the lacks just for complain or ask developers to fix it, it's only as an advice for everyone who is going to try it.

-campaign is still unavalaible

-the touchscreen is unusable into the game it lose calibration.

-some map spells don't work, but they show a dialog explaining it.

-Sometimes the game reproduce a tweet that only ends when changing to another menu (but i'm not sure how it starts and how it disappears, aybe it's random). Quite annoying.

-poor performance, noticeable in battles (mouse movement becomes a bit quirky). Now I play 750mhz

-right mouse button stops working from time to time which left you unable to see some descriptions.

-minor graphic glitches. Maybe the worst one is the one that don't let you see the number of units in battle when a bigger walks before him.

It may seem that game has a lot of problems but the list of positive points would be way bigger than that one. For me the engine has reached a perfectly usable status I hope this project continues forward.

Thanks, this really is going to eat all my free time during holydays.

-> you can re-calibrate touchscreen very easily. Drag mousepointer with stylus on down-left corner using touch screen and then move it again to the center without taking stylus up. Easy. [you can use opposite direction to calibrate as well (upper right corner)]

-> Use Map [upper-right corner] to move around whole map :)

Last edited:
Back