Hexen 2 Framerate Problem

mysticmaus

Hexen 2 is not working very good for me either... :(

I installed it , it works but the framerate is awfull... , is that normal? or am I doing something wrong here? :mellow:

Maybe there's another version , I tried 2 versions from 2 different sites...getting confused wich is the right site XD :p

P.S , I posted this topic in the wrong section <_< Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hexen 2 is not working very good for me either... :(

I installed it , it works but the framerate is awfull... , is that normal? or am I doing something wrong here? :mellow:

Maybe there's another version , I tried 2 versions from 2 different sites...getting confused wich is the right site XD :p

P.S , I posted this topic in the wrong section <_< Sorry

Are you running the NanoGL executable? there should be two versions one just uses regular SDL, and one with the NanoGL.

Well There are indeed 2 versions , They both have very bad framerate but the NanoGL version is the worst.

I just use the standard 600 CPU Speed. :eek:

Well There are indeed 2 versions , They both have very bad framerate but the NanoGL version is the worst.

I can run NanoGL version and it runs fullspeed at 600mhz, The SDL version is sluggish on mine at that speed.. Maybe you have some disconnect on 3D acceleration.. are you having any issues with Quake2 or Quake3 both those work fine with Default cpu speeds on my Pandora.

I can run NanoGL version and it runs fullspeed at 600mhz, The SDL version is sluggish on mine at that speed.. Maybe you have some disconnect on 3D acceleration.. are you having any issues with Quake2 or Quake3 both those work fine with Default cpu speeds on my Pandora.

Actually i have no framerate problems with Quake 2 and 3 , just Hexen 2 , and I always play games at 600 CPU , I never overclock it. :mellow:

I think the warning is more of a legal thing.. just incase something DOES go wrong you can't say they should have told you. It's probably VERY unlikely though

What strikes me as odd is I can play Hexen II at full speed at 600mhz and other are having issues.. Just not sure where things can be different.. Maybe a sluggish SD card?

I tend to Overclock at times, especially with N64 emulation.. some games just need it.. I tend to lower it back down when I'm done..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back