HF5 shouldn't have removed Pidgin.

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I never had any problems with the built-in version. But now that it's gone, I can't IM anymore from the Pandora. The sebt3's version freezes, often before I get a chance to send even one IM. And it's not the sound problem either, cause I disabled those.

I guess it would be nice to have a stable pnd version so you are not dependant on a memory card boot.

Please note that not only is installing from the repo experimental and unofficial, it is also becoming less supported.

The repo is for the core Aangstrom version of linux, and now Aangstrom has updated their kernal version so there are OS-breaking programs in the repo now.

Essentially, whenever possible, use a PND. And if you do decide to install from the repo, make sure that you are ok with reflashing your Pandora if there is an issue.

I never had any problems with the built-in version. But now that it's gone, I can't IM anymore from the Pandora. The sebt3's version freezes, often before I get a chance to send even one IM. And it's not the sound problem either, cause I disabled those.

I know you've lot's freezing. But you more or less seems to be the only one.

You complain a lots, yet I dont even know the protocol your are using.... Nor any other information that could be usefull to debug your issue.

BTW, my version have been available a long time before HF5. Did you repported your issue at this time so ED could have known that pidgin.pnd could have some bad issues ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I know you've lot's freezing. But you more or less seems to be the only one.

You complain a lots, yet I dont even know the protocol your are using.... Nor any other information that could be usefull to debug your issue.

BTW, my version have been available a long time before HF5. Did you repported your issue at this time so ED could have known that pidgin.pnd could have some bad issues ?
I apologize. I use MSN and Yahoo. How should I go about reporting it to ED? And is there a way to get debug info?

Silent-Hunter, did you find the updated .pnd in sebt3's thread on Pidgin? I found it had no particular issues with MSN IM or Yahoo IM, just the usual that my Pandora can't connect to my wifi with a strong enough signal to do anything from the living room.

Silent-Hunter, did you find the updated .pnd in sebt3's thread on Pidgin? I found it had no particular issues with MSN IM or Yahoo IM, just the usual that my Pandora can't connect to my wifi with a strong enough signal to do anything from the living room.
I thought I did. I mean, can you link me to the exact file you downloaded?

Bump. This is a big issue for me, because I use Pidgin a lot. If it weren't for this, I could leave my laptop at home.

Back