Homebrew Recommendations?

i really dig spout. its my favourite game to play while waiting at the fish n chip shop, or when im on the can (after eating dodgy fish n chips, naturally)!

edit: ill have to check out the minigames thing. ive passed over it a few times. looks like this thread is helping to highlight overlooked games already!

i really dig spout. its my favourite game to play while waiting at the fish n chip shop, or when im on the can (after eating dodgy fish n chips, naturally)!

That's a lot more information than I needed :(

My favourites that have stood the test of time are:

STerm
Tilematch
Kobo Deluxe
Nethack

(and all my stuff of course :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Tilematch and Spout a lot.
Little gp Tracker for making music !
But other homebrews are great (I won't do the same list than gaterooze).

RTFM.

It requires pygame, available at the archive.
[/quote]

I have 'read the f**king manual', just didnt understand - no need for that, its not like im on here asking stupid questions all the time :angry:

That's a lot more information than I needed :(

sorry, i meant 'its my favourite game to play while waiting at the generic food shop, or when im on the can (after eating generic food, naturally)!'

hehe. my record for spout is 3183, acheived while i was 'you know where' (",)

REWORD is the best game in the archive by miles.

I also like beat2x and checkers

Full credit has to go to the awesome openttd port. Just a shame the low res of the gp2x makes it unplayable.

Reword
Myriad
Powermanga (teh best !)
Noiz2sa
Tilematch
Freecell
Bunny traps
Beat2x
Puzzleland
The Minigame Project
Cyber Hokey
Mad Bomber
Moon Lander
GPeskiv
Lumix
Manticore
Tong
Liquid War
pyTetris
Super Tux
Blobwars
Frozen bubble

thats all i can think of

Okay, so i'm seeing a lot of recommendations and a few i'll download immediately to try out. There is a long list to choose from, even with the shortlist. How about conducting a poll, where you name your top three? It would make it easier to gauge what really are the best recommendations.

Back