HORIZON ZERO DAWN - PC

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
This game always interested me, and finally it is coming to PC.
Seems that it will be a "good" port from the console. I hope this will be true also for controls.

I'm not still sure how much this will be heavy for the system.

It's an incredible game, so much so that I'm considering buying it again to play at 60fps. The price helps, I'm glad they aren't doing it full price.

It doesn't do anything different structurally. It is pretty much a standard open-world game in the Ubisoft mold, towers reveal the area, with a bunch of map markers for you to do stuff. The story is pretty good for this type of game though nothing amazing.

But the core gameplay loop, and especially the combat is what sets it apart. Fighting those robot dinosaurs is something special. If you want to fight the big ones you have to go in armed to the teeth, and even then it's difficult to fell one. Your heart is racing the whole time. Exclusives like this are a big reason why I'll get a PS5 over an Xbox series X.

Just found out it will have DENUVO both on STEAM and EpicGames stores... :-||

What a let down... I just found out it require DX12... damn... I will not play this thing for some years. :'(

What a let down... I just found out it require DX12... damn... I will not play this thing for some years. :'(
Hmm with Proton and DXVK/VKD3D i've had some pretty good success with DX12 titles in linux. Has a current Silver status in protondb.

Back