Horrible Battery Pins

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
:blink: My GP2X fell about 10 or 30 times, the impact would cause the battery to push the pin inward. I Pulled the pin but with time the whole pulling & pushing caused the metal pin to fall off. Gathering some tools & a broken Wireless N64 Controller, I cracked open the GP2X, soldiered a battery spring from the N64 controller, gave the battery compartment some minor cosmetic reconstruction.

Everything works excellent, but now the other metal pin wants to give out & the spring fell off from where it was soldiered but the case is holding it in place. Cant the distributers complain about this?

Yeah, my pins flattened real bad too. They didn't break but everything was loose. That doesn't actually help you, but I thought I'd say it haha...

See my 3 cell battery test thread, only one of the springs is on the board, the other pries out with a screwdriver, you don't even have to take the back off of the GP2X, just pull it out and put your new spring on.

Can the distributors complain about what? You dropping the unit 10 or 30 times? It isn't a bullet-proof "drop-it-and-kick-it-across-the-street, run-over-it-and-continue-your-game-of-Frogger-Nintendo-Gameboy" you know.

I guess it is a little annoying, so send it back or ask Craigix and ED if they have some spare battery clips, Craig was selling off a bunch of spare parts last week.

Back