Horror Of Horrors!

Being an owner of Both a GP32 BLU and a PSP, I think you should go for the GP32. Emulators on the PSP are way off in the future yet because as soon as you update the PSP firmware, Emu's don't run.

Mind you, if you want mind blowing up to date 3D graphics, audio and film playback, go for the PSP

It depends on what you really want!!!

Being an owner of Both a GP32 BLU and a PSP, I think you should go for the GP32. Emulators on the PSP are way off in the future yet because as soon as you update the PSP firmware, Emu's don't run.

Mind you, if you want mind blowing up to date 3D graphics, audio and film playback, go for the PSP

Yeah.
And what happens if the 1.5 Firmware is cracked and then sony decide to make it so that you need to install a new uncracked firmware every time a new game is released...
Could be cat and mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah.
And what happens if the 1.5 Firmware is cracked and then sony decide to make it so that you need to install a new uncracked firmware every time a new game is released...
Could be cat and mouse.

That's exactly the point I was trying to get across in my last post.

Actually, if someone cracks the SDK instead of trying to find holes in the firmware, that will sort it out once and for all!

You could always either never update your FW and not play new games. Or you could have two, one with old FW and one with new, But that would be expensive.

i'm going the states this week but am in two minds about picking up a US PSP in case the firmware never gets hacked. It is tough trying to find a v1.0 japanese psp - any ideas?

i'm going the states this week but am in two minds about picking up a US PSP in case the firmware never gets hacked. It is tough trying to find a v1.0 japanese psp - any ideas?

To be honest, the 1.0 Firmware had a few bugs, I was glad I updated mine. And developers will eventually find a way around the later firmwares so get the latest I would say!

To be honest, the 1.0 Firmware had a few bugs, I was glad I updated mine. And developers will eventually find a way around the later firmwares so get the latest I would say!

but if you update your firmware then how can you play homebrew at the moment as i.5 is unhackable right now. The best option would probably be to have 1 for emu's which will not have any commercial games going through it increasing the chance of a forced upgrade and another for the commercial games.

one thing for certain though, is that the psp won't ever be able to replace my gp32 - i love the little thing to bits and will be sad the day it finally packs in............sad, but not crying sad or anything like that :(

Back