Beta Hotfix 4 Very First Beta

DrCJBoduma said:
MarkoeZ said:
posted using bluetooth :) Finally an easy answer when someone asks "Can it do mobile internet?"
everything else seems to work nice as well.

Care to share how you did this please.

It's damn easy (depending on your phone ;))

If you got a Windows Mobile Smartphone (like HTC, etc.), start Internet Connection Sharing and select to share it via bluetooth.
Enable bluetooth on the Pandora as well and create a connection between them (the Pandora will show you a number which you have to enter on the phone. Only needed for the first time you connect your phone with the Pandora).
In the last step of the bluetooth connection setup on the Pandora, there will be a small box which says that it should use the phone for internet connection. Tick this!

Finally, once the connection is established, there's a PANU device in the network manager. Connect to that and you got mobile internet :)

Last edited:
Will there be also a new Kernel included for the Pandora in this (or next) Hotfix? AFAIK we still have this old Linux Kernel running onto the Pandora with no optimized Hardware-Support. ^^

EvilDragon said:
DrCJBoduma said:
MarkoeZ said:
posted using bluetooth :) Finally an easy answer when someone asks "Can it do mobile internet?"
everything else seems to work nice as well.

Care to share how you did this please.

It's damn easy (depending on your phone ;) )

If you got a Windows Mobile Smartphone (like HTC, etc.), start Internet Connection Sharing and select to share it via bluetooth.
Enable bluetooth on the Pandora as well and create a connection between them (the Pandora will show you a number which you have to enter on the phone. Only needed for the first time you connect your phone with the Pandora).
In the last step of the bluetooth connection setup on the Pandora, there will be a small box which says that it should use the phone for internet connection. Tick this!

Finally, once the connection is established, there's a PANU device in the network manager. Connect to that and you got mobile internet :)

thanks for the responses, i guess it's my phone that is the problem then. I have the INQ mini phone which doesn't seem to have easy set up for this kind of thing. nevermind might have to upgrade my phone then at some point in the future.

CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird. So the middle button didn't work for me and then I notice the normal copy paste stopped working too. ten minutes later they both work and I didn't even reboot or anything. I might have closed the lid for a moment, though. So it seems it's solved I don't know how... until the next poltergeist.

EvilDragon said:
It's using IPKs, so it will install the kernel on /boot/
If /boot/ is on your SD Card and has enough space free (should be at least 10 MB of size), then it should install it on your card.
This is also how it should've been setup.
So for me, this fails when it tries to df /boot. This is what I have mounted
Code:
tsh-op:/mnt/utmp/updater4.openpandora.org$ df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root             15413168   5117952   9512268  35% /
tmpfs                       40         0        40   0% /mnt/.splash
none                    124452       220    124232   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk1p1        15549952  11378624   4171328  73% /media/MEDIA
/dev/mmcblk0p1        15413168   5117952   9512268  35% /media/SYSTEM
tmpfs                   124452      4612    119840   4% /var/volatile
tmpfs                   124452       140    124312   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                   124452         0    124452   0% /media/ram
ubi0:rootfs             466332    374544     91788  80% /media/nand
/dev/loop0               23552     23552         0 100% /mnt/pnd/updater4.openpandora.org
none                  15413168   5117952   9512268  35% /mnt/utmp/updater4.openpandora.org
/dev/loop1               24064     24064         0 100% /mnt/pnd/chromium
none                  15413168   5117952   9512268  35% /mnt/utmp/chromium
(I thought df was supposed to report the mountpoint of a path, but not at the moment.)

Just tried hotfix 4, all went well with the update but firefox 3.6.7 no longer works x.x it either dosen't display any windows or gives an error about not responding.

ljones

The set date script now fails to run. It has a spare backtick (which is I guess why I should have used a proper git patch, but I still need to work out how to drive git)
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_datetime.sh
Code:
14c14
< date_m=`date +%m | sed 's/^0//'`
---
> date_m=`date +%m`| sed 's/^0//'`

tsh said:
Android won't do BT DUN (at least 2.2 stock, rooted it is possible)
PDAnet has BT DUN and doesn't require root.

Jdbye said:
tsh said:
Android won't do BT DUN (at least 2.2 stock, rooted it is possible)
PDAnet has BT DUN and doesn't require root.
I tried that, and couldn't get it to work. Have you tried it with a Pandora?

Did anyone notice a change in appearance overall?

To me and my girl (who plays the Pandora more than I do) it seemed as if the colors got a bit crisper and clear.

Maybe it was all the hash.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS Anyone who has a Droid Incredible and has been able to Tether to the Pandora WITHOUT being a Rooted SuperUser, let me know.... I'm about to take it back and get a Palm Pre so I don't have to pay for some stupid data plan etc. Fuck AT&T and Verizon.

tsh said:
The set date script now fails to run. It has a spare backtick (which is I guess why I should have used a proper git patch, but I still need to work out how to drive git)
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_datetime.sh
Code:
14c14
 < date_m=`date +%m | sed 's/^0//'`
 ---
 > date_m=`date +%m`| sed 's/^0//'`

Yes I edited mine again as per the other thread, but now it only lets me pick a timezone, then I hit ok and it quits...?

ok I applied this and... no problems.
I then decided to try sudo opkg update...
Then I got a message that no space was left and following that I now get a blank screen on boot. :S

I thought it was ok to update through the package program with this hotfix?

PokeParadox said:
I thought it was ok to update through the package program with this hotfix?
No, I think that was the wrong interpretation. The updater uses opkg (with pre-downloaded packages) in order to perform the updates, but seemingly isn't pointing us to a new pandora specific repo.

We're still preparing feeds, so doing an opkg update and opkg upgrade will still use the Angström feeds and might break your system!

Please wait until we release information about the feeds.

So far, our feeds are working well - but we have no feeds yet for the restricted codecs, so once you update from our feeds, movies won't play anymore.
Once this has been fixed by us, the feeds will be ready for public testing.

Note: If you don't care about the community codec pack and want to use the latest feeds by us (updated whenever we update some scripts :)), please contact me.

EvilDragon said:
We're still preparing feeds, so doing an opkg update and opkg upgrade will still use the Angström feeds and might break your system!

Please wait until we release information about the feeds.

So far, our feeds are working well - but we have no feeds yet for the restricted codecs, so once you update from our feeds, movies won't play anymore.
Once this has been fixed by us, the feeds will be ready for public testing.

Note: If you don't care about the community codec pack and want to use the latest feeds by us (updated whenever we update some scripts :) ), please contact me.
Well you may want to put a warning to hold off from updating via opkg directly! :)

Mjlink said:
Did anyone notice a change in appearance overall?

To me and my girl (who plays the Pandora more than I do) it seemed as if the colors got a bit crisper and clear.

Maybe it was all the hash.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS Anyone who has a Droid Incredible and has been able to Tether to the Pandora WITHOUT being a Rooted SuperUser, let me know.... I'm about to take it back and get a Palm Pre so I don't have to pay for some stupid data plan etc. Fuck AT&T and Verizon.

You're going Sprint? Also, Bluetooth tethering only works if you have internet, which a data plan gives you. o.o

-God Ginrai

still cant BT adhoc with Win7 Lappy. No DHCP offer recieved on Bnep0 and I cant setup ICS with the BT PAN.. Unless im doing it wrong, in which case someone please point me in the right directon =)

Mjlink said:

Just FYI it is possible to add mobile hotspot to a Sprint Pre for no additional monthly charge. Mine is working like a champ with the Pandora.

Back