How About Arcade Sticks? Will They Work?

taffy55

Still Fresh
I just got my gp2x, so I've just been trying to think of every cool idea for fully enjoying it.

So how about a usb arcade stick? that would be pretty fun with all of the 2d fighters out there.
would it work?

SATURN ARCADE STICK WOOOOOOOOOO!

lol, Sorry. My sleep schedule is off. But yeah, I use that with the Mayflash adaptor, works fine. Someone said they don't make it anymore, but if they do, it'll be at Play-Asia. Works with PS2 and Dreamcast pads as well. I don't know about like an actual USB stick, though.

last year i made a 12(!!!) button fighters arcade stick to use with my xbox emu collection,and now that i dont use the xbox any more and my son broke the hacked xbox controller i made i decided to change the arcade stick for use on my pc for mame on here using a keyboard matrix( work in progress).

i have just ordered myself a gp2x after waiting 2 years to get one (gp32!originally).
and was just browsing thru looking at teh forums when i noticed this topic, and it started me thinking....

when i finally get teh stick done i wonder wetehr i could amke a nice little holder for the gp2x to sit in on the top/back of the arcade stick so i could play mame wiht teh gp2x sat on top!!!!

sorry for the bad spelligns im ahving trouble with keyboard dyslexia when i type to quick!!
cheers tom.

just had a htought about my keyboard arcade thingy.....
it wont work in the emulators ,will it?
only guessing here as i not got gp2x yet, but to use the keyboard hack wouldn`t the emu(or 2x) need to have the drivers to work?

just athought

If it needs drivers, chances are it won't work. True plug-n-play works without a hitch.

onodo21 said:
last year i made a 12(!!!) button fighters arcade stick to use with my xbox emu collection,and now that i dont use the xbox any more and my son broke the hacked xbox controller i made i decided to change the arcade stick for use on my pc for mame on here using a keyboard matrix( work in progress).

i have just ordered myself a gp2x after waiting 2 years to get one (gp32!originally).
and was just browsing thru looking at teh forums when i noticed this topic, and it started me thinking....

when i finally get teh stick done i wonder wetehr i could amke a nice little holder for the gp2x to sit in on the top/back of the arcade stick so i could play mame wiht teh gp2x sat on top!!!!

sorry for the bad spelligns im ahving trouble with keyboard dyslexia when i type to quick!!
cheers tom.
that would be awesome!
post pictures if you ever get around to trying that, i'd love to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back