How Are You Feeling About The Pandora Today?

Dunny said:
So as Craig has tweeted, there are 350 Pandas shipping next week.
Hold on...
"Official" Pandora build information is being tweeted by Craig, and is not being put anywhere on the official websites/forums.
This doesn't sound good.

Why can't we get up to date, reliable and honest info? I know it's Xmas, but surely just letting us know on the official site where the boards are, and when the new Pandas will start getting built again can't be that hard?
I'm sure I saw ED promise that they'd be working over the holidays to build the latest batch from these new boards - or am I mistaken?
:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys, have you been following the forums that I have?

350 boards shipped to Craig last week(Ed showed the shipping info).

Craig has EVERYTHING at his facility to assemble at least 1000+ FULL Pandoras(maybe more).

The 350 boards should be there, or arriving any day(weather permitting).

Everyhting is complete and just sitting there awaiting boards from CC, so why would shipping 350 units next week be in question?

Now if the boards never get there, that's a whole other can of worms, but 350 should be completed and shipped very soon.

I'm more concerned with when more will ship from CC, and how much? Is Trey going back anytime soon to check on progress?

350 units shipping is great, but I'm more interested in when 2650 Pandoras will be shipped!

Chris

jumpman said:
Why would shipping 350 units next week be in question?

Because it's Craig that said (or tweeted) it, that's why - from bitter experience, anything he says on the subject of the Panda has very little chance of actually being accurate or even true. I shall be very surprised if 350+ Pandas ship "next week".

D.

Dunny said:
jumpman said:
Why would shipping 350 units next week be in question?

Because it's Craig that said (or tweeted) it, that's why - from bitter experience, anything he says on the subject of the Panda has very little chance of actually being accurate or even true. I shall be very surprised if 350+ Pandas ship "next week".

D.
Yeah Dunny, your completely correct when it comes to Craig. :p

I'm just going on the info that has been fed to the community by ED over the last several weeks. If Craig had said nothing at all, I would have assumed that 350 units would ship out ASAP as long as the boards arrive to him in one piece. So for me personally, Craigs tweet just confirmed what I thought would happen anyway. But I also thought by Christmas 2010 we would have been almost done with batch 2, and moving into batch 3 by now, so I do feel the pain of the community.

Hopefully all goes well from here on out, and 350-500 Pandoras will start shipping out on a regular bases, but I wouldn't bet any money on that just yet, but I am hopeful.

Chris

WizardStan said:
wrath of khan said:
trying to get videos to play today on my pandora.no luck.only sound plays, odd.will sort it eventually.
I've found a weird thing with MPlayer that if the video is larger than the screen in any way, all you get is black. So anything wider than 800 or taller than 480 gets no picture. If you double tap the full black window, it'll go full screen and scale the video appropriately, should be able to play then.
yes its a black screen.Will try this out.edit.tried it out.It kept flicking between fullscreen and minimal screen.Black.no picture.

drat my lcd is giving up.red flashes and improper image displays.Just got a movie to play and all.oh well back to craigs elves to fix it methinks.

Got an extra SD card so I have more music on it :) and I am getting better at giana sisters, finished the dig and simon the sorcerer, and saw some great videos of some homebrew that hopefully will be released sometime, heard about the 350+ so I can RMA my purple haze, I am happy, now to typing that damn PhD thesis.

Kinda not feeling the Pandora vibe today but drawing Pandora-related stuff anyway, and can't help but feel an odd connection between my employer's constant pushing back of my well-deserved vacation time and the constant delays the OP team are experiencing.

Haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would which is surprising considering how much I was using my GP32 and GP2X in the 'old' days. Currently selling mine on the marketplace.

The future of the Pandora is very much up in the air IMO. It really all comes down to production.

Production keeps getting delayed and delayed. The dpad and buttons work very well, and the screen is nice (when it's not turning purple). The emulators in general are frustratingly not-quite-finished, but most work pretty well at the end of the day. I was enjoying MAME, SNES and GBA much more on Pandora than on GP2X. It was also cool to have games like Zelda Classic work on Pandora, which wouldn't be possible with less horsepower. Not too mention the battery life. PSX to this point has been mildly disappointing to me, but with Notaz on the case, things are looking up. :)

I've considered looking into a Caanoo or other options, but decided to just be patient and wait for my repaired Pandora. With any luck, this new shipment of 350 means they have all the parts necessary to complete repairs too.

If production picks up, users will be happy, devs will re-commit, and things will straighten themselves out. Time is running out though.

Today I'm wondering why ED has seemingly found time to post on the forums about various bits and pieces of software he's been enjoying, but hasn't managed to answer my query about the repairs to my Pandora.

No news is good news? Can anybody on this forum ever actually relate to t a time when no news has been a positive sign??

Besides which, in my professional life, I've come to see being ignored as pretty much a bad thing.

well its a bit of a long story......soooo my cell phone contract ran out a few months ago and i needed a new phone, also because my plan lacked any data plan.
so i decided to try this new company that showed up here, because they had unlimited data plans (for $10 only!!) went in got my phone, and found out they allow you to prepay for the months in the future and not get a contract so im like hell yeah ill get on that! I prepayed for 3 months and a few days later recieved messages from this company saying i owe next month, so in the last month, i have called customer service 20 times at least ( each call at least 15 min getting through the stupid machine then on hold and picked up anytime between another 10 min and 45 min i think was the longest! sheesh) been to the actual store i bought it from, (this is the first and only one they have in the province) 3 times, and its a 30 minuite drive! scanned and emailed the reciept, followed by my frieken bank statement saying ive paid it.
TODAY : this morning i got an email saying they couldnt credit me the 3 months i paid for because my reciept didnt say exactly what i paid for.
At lunch time during work, i gave them 1 more call... and i let it rip i yelled at the poor soul on the other end and he must have shit his pants, shortly afterwards he said "Im only allowed to offer you advice on what to do blah blah " so i stopped him and told him, "not to take this call personal but im not happy so get me your boss" boss said some crap i yelled at him a boatload, he told me to call the store and get them to send their copy of the reciept. called up the store, yelled a bunch more, told this chick what was going down and i wanted it taken care of right now.
End Of A Long day : I got credited for 3 months, all so i could use my new phone, new plan with my potentially new pandora to tether through my phone and get internet anywhere anytime with my pandy :D so all in all im feeling even more optimistic about the pandora

There's a folder I've been keeping on my home computer which contained files I was planning on transferring to my would be Pandora's SD card. It contained game rips, .wads, movies, music, a few programs... Today I decided to delete the folder. What was once such a fun side-prep project now seems more like an outdated burden. I don't know where I stand in the cue as I feel it's nothing more than straight-up rude to ask, but I didn't order first day. I've got a birthday in March. Today I've decided that that day will be my cutoff. As great as this device would be for me, I've vested too much interest in it. I've got a crazy work schedule and this was going to be my mind-number during the nasty travel. Much props to the OP team for everything they're trying to accomplish. I've got more than an idea of what could be done right now to speed up the process, but as the sayings go, "deaf ears" and "if you can't say something nice...". I will however throw in the reminder that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. You may not like it, it may not be fair, but it's true. I've said my peace. I wish everyone a happy new year and will keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Back