Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forum

• Shop

• Always known about it through divine knowledge

• Total voters

I was looking into the alt handhelds (aka non gba handhelds) a week ago. I looked at the neo geo pocket color first, and got pretty interested. But since fightingi games arent' exactly my fav (and thats what that console is all about!), I moved on. Next I looked at the Wonder Swan, but while the games seemed decent, the language barriar for anime games is too tough I think. Finally, I arrived at the GP32. I was hooked from the minute I saw screens of little wizard. I was reminded that I heard about people using it for emulation and playing movies, and since a portable movie player would be sooo awesome, I got even more interested! And here I am now, a few hours after adding it to my xmas list and hoping my parents will get me it lol.

my friend got one, i saw it, and ordered it 2 or 3 days later. he didn't even have any emus or anything, and his only game was ASR, which of cousre is korean... i didn't even play any games on it b4, but i bought little wizard with it.

in hind sight, it was a brash, spur of the moment thing, but a good choice in the long run. :)

Never heard of it until about 2 weeks ago when I stumbled on Craig's site while looking for a GBA flash linker (and I only heard about the flash linkers a couple of months b4 this). Thought that it sounded interesting but left it for a week. Then nearly bought a flash linker on ebay b4 I saw another article on the gp32 - really liked the thought of playing the c64 & atari st games on the move + scumm + doom + mp3 + divx etc etc. Bought one last week and it's the dogs b*ll*cks :D

It really deserves to do well - I think I'll go spam a few newsgroups about it! Why oh why haven't we heard about this within the mainstream computer press e.g. "Edge" - surely they have all heard about it?

Scott M.

scottm posted on Dec 9 2003 at 01:00 PM said:
Why oh why haven't we heard about this within the mainstream computer press e.g. "Edge" - surely they have all heard about it?
thats exactly what I thought, and it seems that most people here just heard of it by accident.... such a shame that more of the press haven't cottoned on, it's not too late to make it big I reckon

just need some people with influence...

:rolleyes:

on the other hand, it's kind of nice it being a self sufficientunderground movement

Last edited by a moderator:
frolik posted on Dec 9 2003 at 01:09 PM said:
scottm posted on Dec 9 2003 at 01:00 PM said:
Why oh why haven't we heard about this within the mainstream computer press e.g. "Edge" - surely they have all heard about it?
thats exactly what I thought, and it seems that most people here just heard of it by accident.... such a shame that more of the press haven't cottoned on, it's not too late to make it big I reckon

just need some people with influence...

:rolleyes:

on the other hand, it's kind of nice it being a self sufficientunderground movement
Famous UK Magazine EDGE grants the ‘Second Best Innovation’ Award to the GP32 handheld system. --www.liksang.com

Memnoch posted on Dec 9 2003 at 02:59 PM
Famous UK Magazine EDGE grants the ‘Second Best Innovation’ Award to the GP32 handheld system. --www.liksang.com

which issue of "Edge" is this from?

An article on the Swedish technology website http://www.idg.se (There should have been an option in the poll for articles in magazines and on the web btw)

just looked through my issues of "Edge" and I actually have this one!!! Never noticed it at the time (doh!) - it's not the best screenshot or article - doesn't go into any depth on the system - only 1 paragraph long. I wonder how many other people like me just didn't notice it?

Back