how do i flash my gp32 without using pc link?

matt_w

Still Fresh
hey dudes i was wondering if you could help me out.

this is the situation:

i got my gp32 in the mail form liksang a couple of weeks ago. and two days later it stopped working
i dont get it, alli i installed was the gp launcher program from game park the sms emulator and some roms and 2 mp3s.

the gp32 will turn on the led lights up and then...nothing i occasionaly get some lines on the screen and but thats it. no gp32 start up screen or anything.

but recently when i turn it on i see the gp32 logo flash then the screen goes all nuts on me

what can i do, ive tried replacing the batteries and smc no luck, and i emailed lik sang and they havent really helped, they said to talk to you guys and that i may have written over the bios, which seems impossible because all ive installed is as i said above. it wasnt plugged into my computer when it stopped working and it was working fine.
then the next day when i turned it on, not working...

do any off you guys know what i can do? i tried posting the same message in the gp32 support forum but they havent been any help.

so i was wondering if i can flash the bios using the original firmware.

how do i do this ? the gp32 dosent work at all so i dont know what to do if i need to use the pc link function? can i load the bios onto the smc?

thanks in advance

- matt

Your batteries are probobly dead :D I had this problem too and it scared the crap out of me but changing the batteries fixed it B)

Very odd...I've never heard of that problem before. It sounds like some of the internal hardware's busted. If Lik-Sang will not service the machine, I strongly suggest you call the Game Park service centre. It might be a bit expensive and the manual isn't clear as to what country it's in (does anyone know?), but it clearly states for the first year the product is under warranty and you are entitled to free servicing. As annoying as it is, I think that's your only real option. Sorry...

Have you try to access your gp32 via your Pc in blind mode (to see if it's coming from your screen) ? after power on your gp32 press 2 times on "select" then 1 time on "start" and look if you can connect by pc-link... 'nuff says... :(

bump

this is the reply i got from lik - sang when i first emailed them:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting Lik-Sang.com, your Alternative Gaming Community.

Unfortunatly if you have used the console for purposes in which it is not
designed, emulators etc, it is no longer convered under warrenty. The best
thing to do is search the GP32 forums and explain exactly what you have done
with the console, including any applications you have run, and hopefully
they can assist you further.

Best regards,

Zal Fenton

i sent them this reply:

if it does not support the emulators and other free unofficial software,
why is it marketed as open source

and if it does not support emulators why do you link to them from your
product page?, this is misleading information if using the software voids the warranty you should make this known on the product page.

I have not adjusted the bios or modified the warranty in any way. i used
the GP launch software from game park,
which is official software used to load free software developed for the
gp32 including emulators and freeware games.

if the warranty does not cover the use of the unnoficial software why do
they give you the GP launch software apon registration.
the software runs off the smart media card so this should not do anything to the bios anyway. the bios is seperate to anything that is easily
overwritten such as the system ram.

- matt woodcock

basicly they have no idea... there technical support sucks.

oh i forgot new batteries do nothing, ive tried changing the batteries, and with a new SMC and without a SMC completley.

Like I said, I can't think of any other solution other than to call Game Park Tech Support directly. Emulators voiding warranty is BS, of course, but you already know that...

Back