How Do I Go About Overclocking My Nes Emulator?

Cloudskipa

Still Fresh
Just wondering this, I'm using the latest version of GPFCE but at the main menu it states the cpu is set at 200mhz how do I change this cos some of the game are a little bit jerky. I looked through the config file in notepad and didnt see an option for it so couldn't adjust it obviously, I even tried adding cpuSpeed=250 but didn't seem to have eny effect. What can I do here anything?

Cheers.

My suggestion:

Install Gmenu2X .. you can overclock from it's front end for any EMU before the program launches.

I thought as much, I guess the time has come to experience the Gmenu goodness. Cheers for that. :)

Oh wow you're right, Ive got it running and it's superb! why didn't I do this before! I can change the clock speed, volume etc, and the icons look top smart.

My GP2X is becoming more and more like a portable version of my modded xbox by the day!

Cheers for this mate

Oh wow you're right, Ive got it running and it's superb! why didn't I do this before! I can change the clock speed, volume etc, and the icons look top smart.

My GP2X is becoming more and more like a portable version of my modded xbox by the day!

Cheers for this mate

:D * Grins at a job well done *

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why... but I've had a lot of trouble with gpmenu2x and GPFCE. GPFCE won't even start for me. I've followed the readme.

gpmenu2x looks pretty great and is easy to use, but for some reason it won't let me add new stuff. I added 3 items to my emulators tab. Later, I hit select to add something and after I add it I end up with just a blank icon. When I try to launch it, nothing happens. If I restart, the blank icon is gone.

Any ideas on either of these? I'm running fw 2.0... maybe it's time I updated.

Cheers for this mate

:D * Grins at a job well done *
is there an auto installer? cuz id use it a my main front end (at root of sd) but ive got a ton of hombrew that i dont want to go link by link thru..

is there an auto installer? cuz id use it a my main front end (at root of sd) but ive got a ton of hombrew that i dont want to go link by link thru..
try using the search for gpe files and gpu files. it's built into gmenu2x (i'm not sure if i've used the correct lingo... basically, gmenu will find all your gpe and gpu files on your SD and add links to them)

i have no problem with the combination of firmware 2.0, gpfce, and gmenu2x. i would try doing a fresh install of gmenu2x, search your sd for links and see if it finds it. actually i think gpfce comes with a bunch of different executable files...did you delete the extra ones at any point? because any dead shortcuts automatically don't show up in gmenu (but they stay on the sd card).

also, it's possible that you have some corrupt sectors on the sd maybe. i can tell you that it's not your firmware.

Yeah I'm only using firmware 2.0.0 and don't have any problems launching any emu, or adding new ones. Grabbed some more icons tonight, it's looking really good B)

Back