How Do These Snes Games Play?

LukePounds

Still Fresh
Hey guys I'm gonna purchase a Caanoo soon and I understand the SNES emulator still has some issues being ironed out. (well last time I checked.) My question is how well do these games play?

Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country

If those games work alright I'll be good to go! haha

Also I have a ZSNES save file and can I put the save file on my Caanoo easily?

Luke92 said:
Hey guys I'm gonna purchase a Caanoo soon and I understand the SNES emulator still has some issues being ironed out. (well last time I checked.) My question is how well do these games play?

Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country

placing the .srm file (actual game save, not save state) from zsnes works fine place it in the save state folder thats created on your sd after you save a state ;)

ff6 is completely playable, most rpgs play absolutely fine, minor frame skip is needed somewhere between 1-2 for full speed (auto frameskip works as well)

donkey kong country is completely playable as well, although if your eyes are trained to the missing frames it can appear kinda laggy or whatever.

I'm trying to judge a point of reference for you, have you ever used a psp for emulation? It's better than that by far, it's also better than stock dingoo, it's on point with dingoo running linux (dingux) maybe a little slower. It will be noticeably slower than on a pc and zsnes.

Hopefully the next version of the snes emulator will be much faster at stock speed, it should be full speed with overclock, it's not too horribly off already.

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
Luke92 said:

Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country

placing the .srm file (actual game save, not save state) from zsnes works fine place it in the save state folder thats created on your sd after you save a state ;)

ff6 is completely playable, most rpgs play absolutely fine, minor frame skip is needed somewhere between 1-2 for full speed (auto frameskip works as well)

donkey kong country is completely playable as well, although if your eyes are trained to the missing frames it can appear kinda laggy or whatever.

I'm trying to judge a point of reference for you, have you ever used a psp for emulation? It's better than that by far, it's also better than stock dingoo, it's on point with dingoo running linux (dingux) maybe a little slower. It will be noticeably slower than on a pc and zsnes.

Hopefully the next version of the snes emulator will be much faster at stock speed, it should be full speed with overclock, it's not too horribly off already.

Oh alright cool! Thanks.

Yeah I've used PC emulators and thats about it. I tried emulating with the DS and well that was a utter disaster. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back