How Do You Get Drunk?

Whiskey, under the tongue - hurts but you have works. Golshlager also gets you drunk quicker.

The cheapest shot is also good (its 60p a whiskey in Spiders and £1.80 for a double in my local).

Dammit, My parents stole my Jack, so all I've got to work with is cans of Carling, bottles of Stella and the suspicious-looking farmhouse cider in the bottom of the fridge. <_<

Oh, and is it just coincidence that people refer to Stella as the wife-beater's drink, or does the literary relevance of 'Stella' actually have some meaning to the people who make those sort of comments?

You want to get drunk quickly, how about give yourself an enema with a bottle of vodka... You will either end up very very drunk or dead from some kind of blood poisoning.

Or you could try some 20% red wine (only thing that works quick for me).

Rico posted on Apr 2 2005 at 08:41 PM said:
Get rid of the beer and start taking shots. Absinthe or vodka. Or have it with coke or (preferably because the alcohol doesn't taste as bad) red bull. Of course I get people saying 'beer - man's drink, this' but beer makes me naseous and I don't get drunk on it. JDs is close but I don't think you had much of it, else you would have gotten drunk.

I find Red Bull takes the drowsey edge off drunkeness and ruins it completely.

Last time I hit the zone was after

1 glass of white wine (large with lunch)
6 Pints of Guiness (While watching England beat N.I)
1 glass of red wine (large)

That gave me a cracking hangover too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, because I really love the drowsiness you get from alcohol. :blink:

Also vodka is less likely to give you a hangover, and indeed I don't usually get any.

I know what he means, I used to drink vodka raw energy (vodka and energy drink) and I didnt realise I was drunk until I was feeling crappy. Also Ive always had the worst hangovers ever on vodka raw energy.

Then I ALWAYS get hangovers :(

Nice thread:) Last week I drunk a bottle of rum and five beers and I can't remember anything from 11 pm to quarter to five am just some flashes with vomitting and girls... not together of course... and then came THE HANGOVER I thought my head will split into 10000 parts... so I had a shower and went to school:)

I remember my first hangover, didnt know what hit me and couldnt stop being sick. Ah well thats what I get for having 4 beers, 2 alcopops, 2 double aftershocks a double vodka then returning home and drinking half of a 70cl bottle of vodka.

How to avoid hangovers: Drink water in-between your drinks, because Alcohol is dehydrating and dehydration causes hangovers.

Usually I start off with two Double Vodkas with Red Devil (much nicer red bull equivelant imo) then move on to pints of Cider and black with a shot of Sambucca in between each one, then when I'm happily gone I move onto the double southern comforts with coke/lime and lemonade.

Sometimes I do this in reverse and occasionally slip in the odd alchopop here and there.

Also one other way of gettin pissed is to strawpedo a few alcopops (reef tends to be the best) the effect won't hit you for sometime, but man will it hit you.

Oh yeah: You get drunk more easily if you haven't eaten anything for a while.
And you also get drunk more easily if it's really warm.

Combine those two with some beer for a start, go over to some hard cocktails (Zombie, e.g.) and finish off with some 80% stuff :)

EvilDragon posted on Apr 4 2005 at 12:50 AM said:
Oh yeah: You get drunk more easily if you haven't eaten anything for a while.
And you also get drunk more easily if it's really warm.

Combine those two with some beer for a start, go over to some hard cocktails (Zombie, e.g.) and finish off with some 80% stuff :)
I didnt eat last thursday at all and I felt slightly drunk after two pints :blink:

markusdragon posted on Apr 1 2005 at 04:01 AM said:
After 2 pints of Carling, a half of Stella, and a large Jack Daniels (on the rocks) I just gave up.
you need more than that

Has anyone tried Salmiaki Kossu.

Made with vodka and scandanavian(Finnish) licorice.

That stuff gets you really pissed really quick.

Sugar, salt and alchohol WOOOOYEAH!

just go out and buy urself a bottle of vodka and sink it straight.

Tastes like piss but it gets u drunk fast.

Then just drink pints and shit slowly for the rest of the night.

It doesent taste like piss, it fucking tastes like acid.

Last night it only took me a bottle and a shot of vodka to get drunk, mainly cause I'd only had a bag of crisps all day.

markusdragon count your blessings your not like me. I'm a very cheap night out, I fall asleep if I drink too much Stella (too much being 2-3 pints.) Yeah I need to work on building my tolerance, I'm trying to drink with every evening meal.

feeling like an old man, I shall share my knowledge...

Don't drink beer. it takes far too long to get drunk off beer. Shots and mixed drinks are the way to go.
In my drinking days, I'd go into the bar (pub, to most yalls) get a triple shot of snakebite (Yukon Jack and a few drops of lime juice) and two double mixed drinks. Finish those off in 10 minutes or so, and order another round. three rounds, and I was good to go!

Also, if you want to prevent a hangover, drink some Gatorade (sports drink) or some Pedialyte (Diahrea stuff for babies and kids) before you go to bed. That'll replenish your fluids, and you'll be good to go in the morning!

Back