How Do You Scroll Or Change The Size Of A Window?

Endurion

Website
Visit site
Hello.

I wonder if there is any way to force the windows to be small enough to fit on the screen.
For example: when going to the "pandora logo">settings>Desktop and press the + (add image) the next screen is so big that I only see part of the file menus and and all buttons are so far out that the only way to access them is by using the Tab key and Enter to by trial and error finely find the exit button.

is it supposed to be like that or can I change it somehow? ....itś rather annoying.

Thanx for any reply.

you can hold down shift and then drag the screen around with your finger/stylus

Pleng said:
you can hold down shift and then drag the screen around with your finger/stylus

Does not seam to work for me... not with the shift or left shoulder button...

Do I have to change something to make it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you happen to be trying to drag it with the title-bar, don't - drag it from lower down the window. :p

Try alt. That's what it is supposed to be mapped to, but ED changed the mapping to shift because it was easier to hit than Alt. Maybe yours got reset back to default or something.

I don't have my Pandora yet, but all my machines run Linux, don't you mean alt + l/mouse to drag? , or is it different on Pandora?

@Endurion : you don't have caps lock on do you?

edit...

HUH!...adopts Japanese accent "UNPOSSIBLE! Ninja'd by posts made before I opened this thread that where not there when I posted :unsure: :ph34r: :blink: <dramatic pause> only possible solution IS <lower voice for effect> Ninja Magic!!!"

I still can´t get it to work.
I am not sure how to see if the caps lock is active but I have tried after pressing caps lock also and it still does not work, no matter where I press on the window...

ether I have a bug that nobody else have or there is something I have to change in my settings that I don know about...

Hi Endurion, please try these ridiculously precise steps, and see if it works.

Preparation:
1) Calibrate the nubs (having them 3 secs fully moved to each coordinate)
2) Check that moving the right nub to the left triggers a left mouse button.
3) Check the left corner button is Shift, by writing something.
4) Open a window, put the cursor in the middle.

Action!:
5) With the left hand, keep pressed the left corner button. Then, with the right hand move the right nub all to the left.
6) While you keep them pressed (don't release them), use the thumb on the left hand move the cursor with the left nub.

Does the window moves?

If not, there's another way, using only the keyboard (from xfce doc)
* Use Control + Alt + Shift + (up, down, left or right) Arrow keyboard shortcut. (that would be the DPad)

@joseluisjazz

Thanx for your detailed instructions, sadly it still won´t work.
I checked and did everything as you said but not even the Control + Alt + Shift + (up, down, left or right) seams to do anything at all.

maybe I should try to find out how to reinstall the operating system... and start from scratch again...

also... should there be something showing when selecting "windows Manager" or "Windows Manager Tweaks" under settings? cuse nothing seams to happen when I select that in the menu.

Endurion said:
also... should there be something showing when selecting "windows Manager" or "Windows Manager Tweaks" under settings? cuse nothing seams to happen when I select that in the menu.

You should be seeing the relevant screens with lots of options available, so something isn't right.

If you open mousepad and test type every button and then with shift and FN, what happens? You may able to indentify busted keys perhaps?

The A,B,X,Y buttons should act as home,end,pg down, pg up respectively and the d-pad as the cursor keys, L shoulder button should be shift and R should be alt, so R+F should bring up a 'FIND' dialog box. Your Fn key seems to work if you can tab etc.

Under settings>mouse>behaviour there is a 'drag and drop threshold' but any setting seems to still allow dragging windows with shift. I am looking through settings to see if there's a tick box somewhere that enables dragging but to no avail.

Im sure one of the OP team will be along to sort you out soon though :)

Chaser said:
Endurion said:

You should be seeing the relevant screens with lots of options available, so something isn't right.

If you open mousepad and test type every button and then with shift and FN, what happens? You may able to indentify busted keys perhaps?

The A,B,X,Y buttons should act as home,end,pg down, pg up respectively and the d-pad as the cursor keys, L shoulder button should be shift and R should be alt, so R+F should bring up a 'FIND' dialog box. Your Fn key seems to work if you can tab etc.

Under settings>mouse>behaviour there is a 'drag and drop threshold' but any setting seems to still allow dragging windows with shift. I am looking through settings to see if there's a tick box somewhere that enables dragging but to no avail.

Im sure one of the OP team will be along to sort you out soon though :)

Every button seams to work as it should... so no busted keys as far as I can see.

Well at least you know the hardware is cool, perhaps a re-flash is in order and no I haven´t had too, so perhaps wait for proper assistance and not my waffle? :)

Right click (right nub) on the title bar, select "move"!
Move window with the d-pad!
Leftklick to let it go with the right nub!

Edit: this is for the people that have the problem and don't want to reflash.

Back