How Long Have You Been Waiting For Your Panda?

The month that you first desired the upcoming Pandora device

• 1-2 months: March - April (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4 months: January - February (2009)

• 5-6 months: November - December (2008)

• 7-8 months: September - October (2008)

• 9-10 months: July - August (2008)

• 11-12 months: May - June (2008)

• 13-14 months: March - April (2008)

• 15-16 months: January - February (2008)

• 17-18 months: November - December (2007)

• 18+ months: Before November 2007

• Total voters

CCmachined

Fairly simple question, how long've you been anticipating the Pandora? (When you first actively desired the device and would've ordered)

Well... I first started pondering on whether I should get a PSP or Pandora in December, but I placed my order in Feb.

I knew it existed but wasn't really tracking the updates until pre-orders, and I've been here since.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey cc_machine,

your sig is outdated a bit it seems. check the latest blog entry for the current release date target.

Back in May or so, my old laptop bit the dust, so I started looking for a portable SSH terminal, something I could connect to the internet and quickly control my home PC. You know, start some file downloads, save some text files, maybe do a little dev work on the side. That's what I used my laptop for, but I was hoping to maybe find something a little smaller. The GP2X plus ethernet and keyboard seemed like the perfect combination. There was lots of info on the net about exactly that idea, including suggestions on small keyboards and portable hubs and wireless USB NICs that would let me do everything off the battery. And in the meantime, it was a pretty nifty hackable device. What more could I have wanted?
I almost did buy one right then, but I wanted to get some more personal opinions. I dropped into this very forum to ask my questions, only to discover a new device that did everything I wanted without the clunky extra stuff that was "just around the corner™."
I've been committed ever since. Sometimes I think I really should be committed.

I've been waiting since I noticed the Craiginator thread and posted on page ~25.

Found out about the Pandora just after I bought a gp2x in July last year. Been wanting one ever since.

If I'd gotten a PSP instead of a gp2x (and I almost did), I might never have ended up here!

I was a lurker for a while, so I'm not really sure, but it's been over a year. I was not here for the planning, but in the early stages none the less. I was linked by a friend who doesn't care too much for the device himself. Lucky guy.

I've been waiting my whole life for the Pandora. When I was a child, and I was playing on my Amiga 500, I thought, "you know what, fuck this non-portable ass shit that I have to confine myself to my room to play with. What I need is an Amiga that I can put in my pocket, so that I can not only play games in my room, but I can play them on the crapper, in the car, at the park, on the couch, ALL THAT SHIT! And why do the games come on 3.5 inch disks that I have to swap out half way through the game for? What the fuck? What I need is a device that stores every game I ever had into a thumb size card that I can just leave plugged in the motherfucker, that's what I need!"

So here I am 17 years later, and the Pandora is in its final stages of development. With everything I could hope for, and a ton of stuff I didn't even ask for. What better system to teach oneself game programming than a Pandora? I'm proud to be one of the first people that will see, play, and develop on such a marvel of modern personal computing. Let the games begin...

I've been waiting for a long time for something like the pandora. However I have waited specifically for the pandora since last summer, when I heard about it being more than people talking on a forum. And I'm glad it is.

I wanted it from the first topics about it. Wasn't that april 2007? Homecomputers from the 80's and 90's in your pocket sounded too good to be true.

ever since i heard about it about summer of 08 i think and i was really close to buying a gp32x to keep me occupied :p

Too Long... Thankfully I have PSP homebrew to keep me busy for the time being.

Will we see both :pandora1: and :pandora2: versions?

Since late last year.
I was looking at Linux-based devices on Wikipedia IIRC, and I looked over the Pandora's article a few times.
The processor specs still don't mean much to me, but I eventually realized that it was the coolest electronic device I'd seen in a long time.

Then I registered on here, then they made a bunch of videos...
I heard they're even going to build one someday.

What do you mean waiting? You don't have yours? I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein on mine at 148fps using my TV-Out cable for dual screen. It is awesome. It is actually a customized version of RTCW that puts the dashboard on the Pandora screen and the action on the TV. It is great, all I had to do was login as Pandora.

Back