How to find (Code::Blocks) PND crash

Robzed

Website
robprobin.com
Hi all,

For a few months I've had the situation where Code::Blocks crashes (quits) sometime after loading a project - even a newly created one. This hasn't bothered me until recently -  I've been using C++ compiler (and various interpreters) from the command line - so hasn't stopped me working on the Pandora. (I also learnt about gdb -tui). However, recently, I've started to port another old project, and using Code::Blocks would be more than convenient!

I think I've upgraded Code::Blocks in the meantime. I guess that perhaps the app is ok, but I guess the appdata could be broke.

Perhaps more generally how do you find a problem with someone else's PND?

What about log files for PND applications? I guess you could it from the terminal?

Regards,
Rob

The codeblocks gui from current version (and a few build before) crash sometimes. I'm aware of that issue, and I try to fix that for next release.

Generaly speaking, PND send their output to /tmp/pndrun_PNDNAME.out so take a look in the /tmp/ folder to see the logs...

You could still build with Codeblocks invoking it from command line
>codeblocks --build yourproject.cbp

Last edited by a moderator:
Delete the "[project name].layout" file. The current public version crashes when trying to restore the layout from last time. At least that fixed my crashes.

@ptitSeb: I haven't had any crashes with the version you gave me at GamesCom, so it might be fixed already. But maybe there are still other issues, of course. Haven't encountered them though.

Tonight got around to taking a look at things. Found the log in /tmp/pndrun_codeblocks.out.

Thought I needed to check what the crash was, and if it was consistent before publishing stuff. Also the first two times it crashes just after loading a project. The third, fourth and fifth times it moaned about some random UI thing (GetParent() failed in SetInvokingWindow(): should only be called for top level popup menus ... and then "IsAttached failed in SetInvokingWindow(): menus attached to menu bar can't have invoking window").

So now I'm thinking that this sounds like corruption - either of the App or AppData. The App (and AppData) is on an ext4 partition of one of my SD Cards. (Most of my Apps on are on FAT partition).

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled Code::Blocks app with PNDManager. No AppData change yet - although if the PND got corrupted, I'm wondering if I should trust the data on that partition.

So far it's running for much longer. I'll post an update once I know more. Just setting up a new project. (Oh, maybe I should build my other existing project...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... worked much better ... still getting "./src/common/menucmn.cpp(173): assert "!GetParent()" failed in SetInvokingWindow() should only be called for top level popup menus"

I wonder if I should get rid of AppData folder?

Hmm... I'm getting occasional similar GUI broken messages, even after a removed AppData folder.

On the positive side I've built my recent game under Code::Blocks, and with a couple of tweaks it runs fine. Debugger exits with code 1, but I suspect that's a set up problem (it was debugging OK once upon a time).

Need to set up a project for the 1998 game...

An update:

So, I moved Code::Blocks over to my other SD Card - from my temporary moving card (SanDisk - it says) to my main card. And it appears better....

Back