How To Get Started...no Link Cable

possum

Still Fresh
Ok, just got a GP32 BLU . Have a SMC card and card reader. Using a Mac computer. I have no link cable.

I added the 6 folders to the SMC card and put a .fxe file into the GPMM folder. I put the SMC card into the gamepark, turned on the system. At the main screen I've got two options: Play and PC Link. I clicked Play but it says "SMC is not inserted or no game exists". What do I do now?

taras

Mega Pandora mania
Website
taras.net
The card might not be formatted correctly. Try formatting the card using the GP32, then put the files back on again.

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
possum posted on Dec 7 2005 at 07:40 AM said:
Ok, just got a GP32 BLU . Have a SMC card and card reader. Using a Mac computer. I have no link cable.

I added the 6 folders to the SMC card and put a .fxe file into the GPMM folder. I put the SMC card into the gamepark, turned on the system. At the main screen I've got two options: Play and PC Link. I clicked Play but it says "SMC is not inserted or no game exists". What do I do now?
you must format it to fat16, try mkdosfs.

Last edited by a moderator:

possum

Still Fresh
Ok, got on a PC at work and formated it using the smc recovery app (from here). It works fine now. I tried the clock tester, but it has this weird white line near the top so I can't see all the rates. Is this normal?

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
possum posted on Dec 7 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
Ok, got on a PC at work and formated it using the smc recovery app (from here). It works fine now. I tried the clock tester, but it has this weird white line near the top so I can't see all the rates. Is this normal?
I dont know, have you tried any other aplications?

Last edited by a moderator:

possum

Still Fresh
Ok, I think I have a BLU+ as I tried Dr. MD and changed the screen to Taiwanese and the line went away.