How To Get Started...no Link Cable

possum

Still Fresh
Ok, just got a GP32 BLU . Have a SMC card and card reader. Using a Mac computer. I have no link cable.

I added the 6 folders to the SMC card and put a .fxe file into the GPMM folder. I put the SMC card into the gamepark, turned on the system. At the main screen I've got two options: Play and PC Link. I clicked Play but it says "SMC is not inserted or no game exists". What do I do now?

The card might not be formatted correctly. Try formatting the card using the GP32, then put the files back on again.

possum posted on Dec 7 2005 at 07:40 AM said:
Ok, just got a GP32 BLU . Have a SMC card and card reader. Using a Mac computer. I have no link cable.

I added the 6 folders to the SMC card and put a .fxe file into the GPMM folder. I put the SMC card into the gamepark, turned on the system. At the main screen I've got two options: Play and PC Link. I clicked Play but it says "SMC is not inserted or no game exists". What do I do now?
you must format it to fat16, try mkdosfs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, got on a PC at work and formated it using the smc recovery app (from here). It works fine now. I tried the clock tester, but it has this weird white line near the top so I can't see all the rates. Is this normal?

possum posted on Dec 7 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
Ok, got on a PC at work and formated it using the smc recovery app (from here). It works fine now. I tried the clock tester, but it has this weird white line near the top so I can't see all the rates. Is this normal?
I dont know, have you tried any other aplications?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I think I have a BLU+ as I tried Dr. MD and changed the screen to Taiwanese and the line went away.

Back