how to plug tv-out cable to my tv...?

ahahah

hello

i've received the tv-out cable.

behind my lcd tv there is a SPDIF/coax OUT connector, a "HDMI 1" connector, a female VGA connector, and 3 female connectors red, white (for sound left and right) and yellow (for video) connectors.

my tv was sold with a cable having in one end a male VGA connector and in the other end 3 male connectors red, green, blue: YPbPr

With all this what can i do to plug the tv-out cable please?

do i need to buy an other cable to use the tv-out cable?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be the first TV I've seen that doesn't support Composite anymore.

Can you tell me the brand and model of the TV, so I can check it out in the internet?

3 female connectors red, white (for sound left and right) and yellow (for video) connectors.
^ That's seems like typical composite video.. which should work with the TV-Out cable..

You just need typical video cables with male ends to connect from the TV out cable to the back of the TV.

composite%20connection%20cable.jpg

That would be the first TV I've seen that doesn't support Composite anymore.

Can you tell me the brand and model of the TV, so I can check it out in the internet?
it is from GRANDIN and the model is LCV32R.

3 female connectors red, white (for sound left and right) and yellow (for video) connectors.
^ That's seems like typical composite video.. which should work with the TV-Out cable..

You just need typical video cables with male ends to connect from the TV out cable to the back of the TV.

composite%20connection%20cable.jpg
what is the name of this cable?

I will search it in ebay.

It's just a regular composite video cable that can be picked up just about anywhere.. I live in a small town, but can pick one up at a grocery store, a Pharmacy or a hardware store.. Also could pick one up at a typical electronics or office supply store several miles away.. these are the most common cables you can buy for video.

some times it's called a RCA Video cable.

You can also use a component cable(It's the same exact cable but has red, green and blue colors). just need to make sure that yellow is going to yellow, white to white.. etc.

The Blue and Black connectors on the Pandora cable are the Audio Line in(Left and Right).. which can be ignored unless you want to record audio.

You can also use a component cable(It's the same exact cable but has red, green and blue colors). just need to make sure that yellow is going to yellow, white to white.. etc.
i have a cable with in one end a vga connector (that i can plug to the tv) and in other end i have the colors you describe: red, green and blue.

what color have to be plugged to the yellow, white and red from the pandora tv cable?

what is the name of this cable?

I will search it in ebay.
The cable itself doesn't have a name, but the connectors on it are sometimes called 'Phono' or 'RCA Phono' plugs. It's exactly the same connector that's used for any audio equipment like CD players to connect to an amplifier - any audio/video shop should have them. If they don't have one with 3 leads, you could use 2 cables (with 2 leads each) instead.

Such a cable might be called a 3 x Phono cable, for example - but might be called an AV cable, it depends on the maker.

i have a cable with in one end a vga connector (that i can plug to the tv) and in other end i have the colors you describe: red, green and blue.

what color have to be plugged to the yellow, white and red from the pandora tv cable?
That's an RGB/VGA cable, that is not suitable for this purpose. It is for connecting 'Component RGB' signals to the TV, that input does not accept Composite or S-Video.

You need to connect the Pandora to the correspoding colours on your Composite input you found on the back of the TV - Yellow for Video, Red and White for audio L/R. Just using cables with 'phono' plugs on both ends.

Your Television also has a 'peritel' (aka SCART) connector, and you can use an adapter to attach composite input to that if you wish also.

ahahah, do you have the operator manual for your LCD TV? If you don`t have it, or cannot find it currently/lost it, then have a visit at this link: (edit correction)  http://www.vestel-france.fr/assets/files/ib/IB-GRANDIN-LCV32R-2.pdf

I believe that this is the manual for your specific LCD TV? The manual is in French, so if you are a native French speaker it should be no problem for you to read through it. ( Unfortunately I am far from being a French speaker, so many terms are confusing to me, I just wanted to help you out here with the link to the manual in .pdf format).

Check out page 11 of that very manual. If I can decipher a little bit, that seems to be RCA female, hopefully INPUT ( from external sources ) and not OUTPUT ( to external devices like VCRs etc.). If that is INPUT then TrashyMG`s RCA cable suggestion would...well should work perfectly for your setup. Then you might have to put your TV into AV MODE manually if it doesn`t display it automatically. Again, download that manual and save it to your PC and/or OpenPandora and use a PDF reader of your choosing.

If French isn`t your tongue, then hopefully LinuxSWAT ( I believe he is French ) or another Pandora user reading this can help you,..well all of us, a little more for the better.

...Patnik.

Where on that page is the link to the manual, just in case it needs to be referred to later ;)

Check out page 11 of that very manual. If I can decipher a little bit, that seems to be RCA female, hopefully INPUT ( from external sources ) and not OUTPUT ( to external devices like VCRs etc.). If that is INPUT then TrashyMG`s RCA cable suggestion would...well should work perfectly for your setup. Then you might have to put your TV into AV MODE manually if it doesn`t display it automatically. Again, download that manual and save it to your PC and/or OpenPandora and use a PDF reader of your choosing.
Page 11 is saying that you can use this side plug on the TV (the plug #3) to connect extern devices. So yes, the Pandora should be video signal should be connected to #3, and the sound output from the Pandora to #4.

That VGA to Component RGB adapter won't work..  I was just saying if you had a male to male cable that looked the same as the one I shown in the picture but had the red, green, blue colors it would work as long as you matched the Yellow, Red and White connectors.. on the female side.

yes i'm french, i have this manual in paper version (it is in english after the french version).

So i will buy a male/male yellow/red/white cable.

thanks all of you for your help :)

Oh ok, I downloaded the manual myself and ahahah, you are right. The English format is after the French version. I should have downloaded it and read it myself to give you a better confirmation sooner. Oh well. I am glad it has been sorted out. Perhaps some other OpenPandora user with same model TV can use that link in the future for their benefit.

...Patnik.

At some point in the manual you'll also find a section explaining how to turn on the TV.

:p

Back