How Would I Hook A Flash Drive To The Gp2x?

Anhaedra

I've already made a delightfully ghetto USB loopback sort of thing that should let me plug USB devices into the GP2X, but I can't get it to recognize them. Do I need to mount it manually or something?

You need a B.O.B.

... and so do I dammit!!! WTF is the commercial B.O.B. already?!?!?

</angry>

TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
You need a B.O.B.

</angry>
agreed: what the fuck IS the commercial B.O.B. already?!?!?
:huh: *critical hit* :p

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Feb 14 2007 at 08:23 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
You need a B.O.B.

</angry>
agreed: what the fuck IS the commercial B.O.B. already?!?!?
:huh: *critical hit* :p

Heh, it's WHERE the fuck is it, not WHAT ... (this is why I usually avoid acronyms when I write.)

So is the GP2X unable to provide power through USB, so power has to be supplied from the B.O.B, or is it something else?

Squidge posted on Feb 15 2007 at 01:11 PM said:
The newer GP2X's provide 5V through the ext port, the older ones only supply 3.3V.
I don't think that this can be relied on as is have a new gp2x which only provides around 3.3V.

The main thing you need is a powered usb 1.1 hub. I wish I had known this before I bought a Break Out Board.

If you go into settings and advanced enable all usb devices.

Just curious as to whether this would work as I've never tried it:

What if you plugged a USB drive into a USB to mini USB cable and then hooked that into the mini USB slot. This has probably been tried, but I haven't heard of it, so yeah.

Destructo2000 posted on Feb 15 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
Just curious as to whether this would work as I've never tried it:

What if you plugged a USB drive into a USB to mini USB cable and then hooked that into the mini USB slot. This has probably been tried, but I haven't heard of it, so yeah.

no

Some MKII do provide 5v (those made after June/2006) and some don't (the other ones, duh.)

It's just 100mA, not much, but still very useful to use mouse, keyboard or a flash drive, in worst case you can still buy a self-powered usb hub.....

mabeytry something throught the sd slot, like the psp can do via its Ms slot

Back