How'd I do?

Did you win it or sell it? If you're the seller, you lost. If you bought it then you got a steal.

D.
I won it. I'm hoping I got a steal, though he said some of the buttons were a little iffy. Its supposed to get to me tomorrow, so I guess I'll see then. It'll be my first openPandora, I'm planning to install archlinux on it and ofc play some games. 

Aw crap, I forgot about this.  Yes, you're a winner.

I guess if the buttons really are bad you can replace the keymat, ED sells them. Pay attention with the screws, though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Right shoulder button won't click and the left nub doesn't seem to work properly. Also, the battery appears to be shot. I think I should be able to repair the right shoulder button, not sure about the nub. The charging cable that came with it doesn't appear to be the original, it doesn't push in all the way. Its a PowerPax -- Output 5V 2A

The charging cable that came with it doesn't appear to be the original, it doesn't push in all the way. Its a PowerPax -- Output 5V 2A
You can charge it via a mini-USB thing. I like using this to charge my pandora: http://www.amazon.com/30000mAh-Backup-Battery-Charger-Mobile/dp/B00GOYZ8EO

It's solar power, and 30000mAh. Even if the stored energy is used up, the power bank still keeps your pandora running as long as the power bank has light! The power bank comes with a bag of different style USB tips. One fits in the pandora.

If armagedon comes, and civilization falls and we have no electricity: my pandora will still work!!!

Hm, interesting powerbank but from the comments it seems like it's not holding the promised specs. How often can you charge your Pandora without charging the powerbank?

If things are iffy might be worth mailing it to ed to get it fixed up. Granted the wait is PAAAAAINFULY long when you become reliant on these devices.. (Seriously I feel like a junky... only with writing...Gotta get a fix man. Gotta wait till the Evil Dragon gets the magic box back to me. I can't take it.. the wait is too long!) But seriously getting it Rma'd even if it costs a little bit would be worth it..

The charging cable that came with it doesn't appear to be the original, it doesn't push in all the way. Its a PowerPax -- Output 5V 2A
You can charge it via a mini-USB thing. I like using this to charge my pandora: http://www.amazon.com/30000mAh-Backup-Battery-Charger-Mobile/dp/B00GOYZ8EO

It's solar power, and 30000mAh. Even if the stored energy is used up, the power bank still keeps your pandora running as long as the power bank has light! The power bank comes with a bag of different style USB tips. One fits in the pandora.

If armagedon comes, and civilization falls and we have no electricity: my pandora will still work!!!
I'm a bit curious with this..

Hm, interesting powerbank but from the comments it seems like it's not holding the promised specs. How often can you charge your Pandora without charging the powerbank?
And:

I bought a black power bank from a different company. It's looks the same as the one in the link and is 30000mAh. My pandora doesn't have to be charged 24 hours a day. Its battery lasts a very long time. In fact, I've had my pandora for about 3 weeks now, and the way I use it, my battery never goes below 40%. So when I use my pandora during the day, I just leave my powerbank by a window or on my desk or bed. Then at night when I got to bed, I just plug the pandora into the power bank. Or If I go on a trip, I'll take the power bank with me. The pandora and powebank fits together in the carrying case I got with the megapack I ordered. I've never had any problems with my powerbank. I've had it for a few weeks, and it's never been empty of juice. I just leave it laying around near a light source during the day, and it charges itself.

And:

I bought a black power bank from a different company. It's looks the same as the one in the link and is 30000mAh. My pandora doesn't have to be charged 24 hours a day. Its battery lasts a very long time. In fact, I've had my pandora for about 3 weeks now, and the way I use it, my battery never goes below 40%. So when I use my pandora during the day, I just leave my powerbank by a window or on my desk or bed. Then at night when I got to bed, I just plug the pandora into the power bank. Or If I go on a trip, I'll take the power bank with me. The pandora and powebank fits together in the carrying case I got with the megapack I ordered. I've never had any problems with my powerbank. I've had it for a few weeks, and it's never been empty of juice. I just leave it laying around near a light source during the day, and it charges itself.
Well, but in theory you should be able to charge your Pandora from fully empty to full more than 7 times with one charge of that battery pack... Your description doesn't sound like this at all.

I'm curious about seeing if putting a solar panel on the top of the Pandora would. Work.. hmmmmmm

And:

Well, but in theory you should be able to charge your Pandora from fully empty to full more than 7 times with one charge of that battery pack... Your description doesn't sound like this at all.

This is the one I got: http://www.gearbest.com/mobile-power-bank/pp_1045.html?utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

There's only one way to test out that theory. I've never thought about charging an empty pandora with my powerbank also empty just from sunlight, because since I've had both neither has been empty.

It only costs about 15 dollars. Test the theory out on your own. But shop around.

I'm curious about seeing if putting a solar panel on the top of the Pandora would. Work.. hmmmmmm
You mean like having a solar panel on the cover somewhere? That would be great! The solar panel on this power bank is smaller than the cover of the pandora. About the size of the screen.

You mean like having a solar panel on the cover somewhere? That would be great! The solar panel on this power bank is smaller than the cover of the pandora.
Exactly that. If one could be installed on the system even if it's a trickle charge it will still help. Also with the Pandoras. Battery life.. I've had my 1the last three days on a single charge.. got to 9% charged it over night. Everything was all right. Also I really like the idea of having it sit in sleep mode and charge.

You mean like having a solar panel on the cover somewhere? That would be great! The solar panel on this power bank is smaller than the cover of the pandora.
Exactly that. If one could be installed on the system even if it's a trickle charge it will still help. Also with the Pandoras. Battery life.. I've had my 1the last three days on a single charge.. got to 9% charged it over night. Everything was all right. Also I really like the idea of having it sit in sleep mode and charge.
If the theory works in practice - that a solar panel by itself will charge the pandora/pyra battery - then it would be awesome! The solar panel can go on the opposite side of the screen. The cover might have to be clear plastic to protect the solar panel from scratches.

Back