How's The Weather Where You Are?

its above 37F and the suns out here, looks like I might not have a white christmas :(.

Well, there are still two weeks for the weather to get better.

-2C here in Vienna, and snowing. Perfect coding weather, but for some reason I can't get into it .. much more fun to kick back and watch Pingu with my 3 year old all afternoon ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwGmiNeuRQ&NR=1

craigix said:
It's warm here because I finished fitting a heat exchanger a week ago. Daikin unit, usually £900 - £100 on glorious ebay - removed from government building 6 months after being installed because the building was demolished! Very cheap heating indeed. Need to nab some second hand solar panels next!
Yay, more climbing on the roof :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
I don't have a thermometer. It's dry, it doesn't feel too cold.

Well, it's cold here, absolutely freeze-the-bollocks-off-you cold. And wet. The rain is pouring down with no signs of stopping.

D.

Dunny said:
mali said:

Well, it's cold here, absolutely freeze-the-bollocks-off-you cold. And wet. The rain is pouring down with no signs of stopping.

D.

stop being a wuss and put a jumper on :p

Dunny said:
mali said:

D.

Wonderful pink/purple sky here and dry. It will be bloody freezing out there though. We had snow at the end of Nov, probably more this week I'm told. We get snow off the moors, yet places less than a mile away don't see any. Last year we were snowed in for 2 weeks. Never on the news, never even on the local news.

Different story if it snows in London though :)

These 3 webcams assist in knowing if the snows are coming: http://www.cybermoor.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=33

yeah!, in London everybody drives huge 4wd trucks and are "trapped at home" if there's a light frost, further south people get to work in a twenty year old metro every day as long as the snow isn't over 10ft deep, amazing.

Trevsweb said:
Dunny said:
mali said:

D.

stop being a wuss and put a jumper on :p

I have a Teeshirt, jumper and fleece on.

I'm still cold. And if I pop out for a quick smoke, I'll be wet too. Can life get any worse?

D.

18°C here in Buenos Aires (Argentina), and a little cloudy ;)

btw, am i the only one from south america who want a pandora? come on anyone else? =(

dunny is a weather whore.
hope the snow holds off while their a packages due at your house Criagix :p otherwise ull have to get the snowplows out

atomicthumbs said:
Solar panels are easy enough to get if you have a ladder, wire cutters, and an adjustable wrench. It's harder if you're talking about the heating ones, though.
I once took 40 ft. of hard copper pipe and a bunch of elbows, cut them into 8 lengths, soldered them all together, mounted it on a board and spit canned the whole thing flat black. Combined with a doughboy swimming pool pump and a 6x6x2.5 ft. square hot tub, (600-800 gallons), even without glazing I'd come home from the bar during the summer it'd be 102F in there. Was easy but simple as could be, hard part is figuring out what to do with the heat and how to store or exchange it. Put a simple glass paned box over that radiator and you could cook lobsters.

ed; and it's a dreary day out steadily pissing rain.

fretfrenzy182 said:
This is the most pathetic thread on these forums. And thats saying something. It really is a slow news day.

A snow news day?

it was -20 last night at work, up in the mountains, here in utah...

the auto lights on my car wouldn't turn on for some reason, and the bloody thing had square tires for a couple hundred yards.

you get used to it ;)

Back