Release Hurrican sourcecode released!

guess I'm lucky to have the required hardware to play it on my GBM

Wow, that would be great! I played Hurrican a while ago and I enjoyed it a lot!

Oh, and interesting to know that DirectX doesn't automatically make it a no-go (though I understand it involves a lot of rewriting).

Looking forward to this one, and hope it's possible. :)

ok i can get through a few modes, still havnt seen anything drawn which is odd, thought id see some garbage at least. Its just a ortho projection...

One problem could be the graphics, some of these are just bitmaps and not in nice format gles could use them in i.e RGB. Im not sure yet how to manage these at least for gles.

I also dont have any replacements for the blending and color keying.

One problem could be the graphics, some of these are just bitmaps and not in nice format gles could use them in i.e RGB. Im not sure yet how to manage these at least for gles.
I never looked into such a thing, but I would assume that there are tools that would allow you to convert bitmaps into something else in batch mode?

(EDIT: maybe NotJimCarrey get's it to work without sound and we're there? :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome :)

As soon as it's working, I'd like to make a video and send the dev a link :)

He'll probably like that :D

Well i finally found the big gotcha, d3d wants the primitive count, opengl wants to indice count, so i was not using all of the indices. So i have the intro, menu, and game visible. There is still a lot of graphical errors i.e white boxes.

But in game i actually see the player character, and the is kind of playable (if you like shooting white blocks)

Well i finally found the big gotcha, d3d wants the primitive count, opengl wants to indice count, so i was not using all of the indices. So i have the intro, menu, and game visible. There is still a lot of graphical errors i.e white boxes.

But in game i actually see the player character, and the is kind of playable (if you like shooting white blocks)
Trying to break a porting speed world record? :)

So really the biggest issue now is the data formats. The data seems to come in a few flavors. Ive come across at least 8 bpp, 24 bpp, and some 32 bpp. I think the best option may to be change all into 32 bpp PNG's, so that all colorkey is replaced with alpha. It seems doing colorkey in opengl is only possible with alpha blending. And all the images that have alpha work right.

I did one test with the 8 bpp bitmap font. I converted it to a 24 bpp png, it now renders (with colorkey in background)

I also would need to format anything into power of 2 sizes for gles.

Any ideas are welcome.

rfgzA.png

YPyII.png

ED's first post was 3 days ago.

If you don't work faster I'll become an old man untill I can play this game :p .

OK, let's become serious: You're great and I'm really looking forward playing Hurrican on my Pandora.

Back