Release Hurrican sourcecode released!

About the music: It starts to play but then fades out after a few seconds. So it seems it's just muted :)

I think i know what is happening, fmod is different in that it allows multiple music streams at the same time. SDL_mixer only allows one. I think that may be happening is that the new song is started and then a command is given to fade out the previous song, but with SDL_mixer the fade out would be applied to the new song.

I think an easy fix would be to store the address for the currently played stream and then only do volume control if the address matches.

Video is up now for anyone waiting

The video counter shows 0 Views, but i've seen it fully?

This video makes waiting just more painful...

Anyhow, thanks in advance for this little gem...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, Pickle, and thanks, ED, for uploading the vid. Looking forward to playing this on my own unit when it arrives. :)

Astounding work from Pickle, especially in such a short space of time.. it's looking frikkin amazing!, can it stretch to the Pandoras full screen, without breaking things & looking a bit crap..?

Another great port by Pickle :)

I can't wait to play it....and also please write a nice tutorial (when you have time of course...) on how to port DirectX games (as this) to SDL so we can add some more games

to Pandora or Linux.

Wow!

Really really really great.

Thanx to pickle for porting this and of course to eiswuxe for making such a great game and releasing the source.

I played hurrican a few years ago and am looking forward to replay it on my pandora.

I just checked out the video. It's simply amazing!

It's really great to see Hurrican running on a handheld device. Plus it's great to see that there are so many people around here that are waiting for the release. Seems like Hurrican gets some major attention again five years after its initial release!

Just to inform you guys: Pickle already contacted me via email and I try the best to support him porting our game.

So i worked around, i mean fixed the issue that caused the game to hangup at the end of the level, unfortunately I then found a segfault during an attempt to save. So back to debugging.

Back