i can't empty trash

The full flash is not the latest version. Use the upgrade Pandora OS feature in the system-menu afterwards.
Small side question - does that work for anyone?

I ran an upgrade yesterday, and it started fetching a lot of Angstrom packages. Came back this morning to an "upgrade failed" message (couldn't read the logfile because I couldn't start a terminal anymore) - and am now left with a system that only has a CLI boot option for the a 3.x kernel, and Network Manager refuses to work.

You probably had modified feeds before, so it didn't fetch the upgrades from our server but from the Angstroem one.

It works on a fresh 1.52 version reliably, I do this all the time.

You probably had modified feeds before, so it didn't fetch the upgrades from our server but from the Angstroem one.
Don't remember having changed anything there, but I'll try again with a fresh system...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, false alarm obviously - did a reinstall of SuperZaxxon and the updater works fine. 

Only thing I can think of that might have changed my feed config on the old system is the ipkg installer from the cdevtools PND... Will have a look at that later tonight.

yes it is done. it is what i said above.

but after reflashing, upgrading and rebooting the trash is always on the desktop and seems not to be disabled.
I have deleted the trash icon months ago, long before it was deactivated properly.
i have choosed the desktop settings. in the "icons" tab i have unchecked the trash and it has disappeared from the desktop.

but when i delete something (without the shift key) it is sent to the trash rather than being deleted. when i reactivate the trash icon it contains the deleted file...

how did you do to delete the trash?

yes it is done. it is what i said above.

but after reflashing, upgrading and rebooting the trash is always on the desktop and seems not to be disabled.
I have deleted the trash icon months ago, long before it was deactivated properly.
i have choosed the desktop settings. in the "icons" tab i have unchecked the trash and it has disappeared from the desktop.

but when i delete something (without the shift key) it is sent to the trash rather than being deleted. when i reactivate the trash icon it contains the deleted file...

how did you do to delete the trash?
Of course deleting the icon from the desktop does not deactivate the trash, only the OS upgrade does that.

lol ok so my pandora is bugged because i have reflashed and upgraded but the trash is always here and activated.

i don't know what i can try else

i'm lost...

Realy, just try to remember to hold shift while deleting a file for now.

edit : missed that you,ve tried this already. just ignore.

For just the trash icon on the desktop, right click the desktop, choose desktop properties, icons tab and untick trash and sd cards (removeable devices) if you dont want them.  Use the shift delete method to delete things without the nand being used or he os update as already mentioned.

yes the shift method works but it is not convenient to do it each time i delete something. with the keyboard it is more rapid to delete a file, but the "del" key doesn't work for deletion. so i have to use the nubs to choose the "delete" option and the shift key to delete permanently. ok it is not so long, i loose 1sec to release the left nub and to press the shift key with the left hand but i find this annoying when i have to do this many times whereas i know i could not use the shift key..

but out of this, it is still strange that although i have upgraded the os, the trash is not desactivated. so there is surely something abnormal anyway.

Back