I Can't Plug Sd Cards Into My Brand New Gp2x

I can't wait to get started developing something on it. I've got a bunch of games I'm itching to get started on.

berighteous said:
I can't wait to get started developing something on it. I've got a bunch of games I'm itching to get started on.
It will be interesting to see what you have up your sleeve!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna get one that works. I'm gonna scream if they send me another defective one.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I got it today. the card slot works, BUT THE JOYSTICK BUTTON DOESN'T!! IT'S PERMANENTLY DOWN AND I CAN'T SELECT ANYTHING! WHEN I MOVE THE JOYSTICK OVER THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS IT AUTOMATICALLY SELECTS THE FIRST OPTION FOR EVERYTHING. THE JOYSTICK BUTTON DOESN'T CLICK UP AND DOWN. IT'S DOWN. THEY HAVE SENT ME ANOTHER BROKEN GP2X AND I AM VERY ANNOYED.

do not buy from pricego.org.

God damn, that is unlucky. :(

I hope the one I get isn't buggered in some way too. Have you tried unscrewing the joystick and all that stuff (i think they screw on)? I can't really suggest anything else.....

the joystick switch seems broken. On the gp2x you move the joystick to get to the thing to want to select and then push the joystick down to select something. This button doesn't appear to work. grrrr. 2 weeks wasted.

The shipped the broken gp2x's very fast, got them in like 2 days each time, but the sd slot was broken in the first one and the joystick button is broken in the second one.

the new startup sound gives me some comfort, but grrr. I want a working gp2x!

I don't think it's really fair to blaim the company you bought it from for this unfortunate chain of events. If I buy a flatscreen TV, I don't expect the company I buy it from to have tested every button on the remote control.

You just had your share of bad luck. It's a shame, but that is what waranties are for.

yes, but I specifically asked him to check the gp2x before he shipped it. if he did there was no way he would not have known the joystick button was broken. You can't select anything from the menus reliably. It just goes to whatever is the first thing you go over and then to the first thing on the list (sd card) and then the first thing on whatever menu comes up afterwards. It's all the way down. When I go to the button tester (took a whole minute to get there, repeatedly backing out from whereever it wanted to go!) it had the middle joystick button either solid black or flashing on and off intermittently when the joystick is moved.

He said that he sent me his personal unit, so there is no excuse. I paid $200 for the thing including shipping back 2 defectives now. I paid for a new working unit, I want a new working unit. I've wasted 2 weeks on this.

I'm going to get a full refund and shop somewhere else. They SHOULD refund me immediately, but I guess I can understand having to wait until they get the unit returned. Boo on them. Boo I say!

Kinda really sucks that you have to use the joystick down button to select everything.

If I buy a flatscreen TV at Walmart, I dang well expect them to give me a new one that works, and if it doesn't, to open boxes and test units to find a working replacement. I wish Walmart sold these things. lol

just so frustrating!!

berighteous said:
Kinda really sucks that you have to use the joystick down button to select everything.
Umm I never use stick click "joystick down" to select anything.
B FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to push down on the joystick to select something, on the GP2X's main menu you can just press down on the "B' button to select something. The stick-click is just ONE way of doing it, which is why you're having those issues.

Sucks about the stick-click not working and yes they should have made sure everything was functional.

I think its fair to blame pricego.org for it, seeing as they said they would manually inspect it before it shipped, that is unless it broke while getting to you somehow.

If they refuse to replace it and you critically need a replacement joystick and want to solder a new one yourself, I think cragix sells spare parts cheaply.

yes, you shouldn't HAVE to click the joystick down select something - but it's BROKEN and it is CONSTANTLY selecting things I don't want to. You can't move the joystick around the menus without it selecting something. The unit is impossible to work reliably. When you click the button on a working unit it selects, but this one the button is intermittantly registering down without pushing it.

but the SD card works, when I can get into Mame I can play galaga without too much trouble. I wish pacman worked. I got a whole set of .36 roms and a lot of them don't work. <sigh> but I can play Galaga! I can't switch back to the mame menu from the game though, like I could on the last broken unit. I have to switch off and switch on again. dangit.

Back