I don't consider myself stupid but...

stefrobb

Still Fresh
As far as I can tell I now have a working GP32. I've registered installed Free Launcher anyway, although I can't read Korean so that something of a hindrance...

However, there's no documnentation of any kind, and it's not like I haven't had a look around. I've tried various things to install some games and emulators with varying success but it's all shooting in the dark.

My immediate aim is to get Doom and GPSpeccy working, can anyone tell me exactly where (and how) I should be copying the various files to? For Doom I have pmdoom.fxe, .gxb and doom1.wad. For GPSpeccy I have gpspeccy.fxe, where should the SNA folder go? What are the various folders produced by the format for?

Is the solution to this the general way to get things working on a GP32? It looks like an excellent system but the lack of decent, reliable documentation (especially from Game Park) is taking the shine off it.

Ta,
Stef

If you have free launcher installed just check the readme that is in most emulators. They almost all tell you just where to put everything. The Korean text doesn't really effect anything. After an EMU or program is installed, just goto the GAME icon, click that. Then click the GP32 Free Launcher. A list will come up of all the programs installed. Just choose one and run it. A Korean text box will come up that must say loading, then the EMU or Program is ready to go. You will need to read the readme text of the EMU to know what the buttons do anyway. It's quite simple once you do it one time.

Programs have to go in the GPMM/ folder no matter what. Subdirectories for certain emulators also go in that folder. Make sure the programs themselves aren't in subfolders, though!

Thanks for the help guys, I can't believe I missed the info in the readme! Anyway, got everything working, now I just need to find time to play it!

Thanks,
Stef

Back