Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Well a lot of you may know, I have been working in a bar job for goodness knows how long... this is in spite of my education and capabilities.

The bar job has unsightly hours, bad pay rate, and grumpy ungrateful types that look down on you...

Well I had an interview a few weeks ago and I finally have a "proper job", starting when I get back from Chile!

Hopefully I will be in a generally better mood overall and can get more things done in general! :lol:

/me does a funny dance.

Ah yes... meaning generates energy - lack of meaning, depression.

Well done on getting the job, it sounds like to persevered through a lot of hardship in getting there.

I know that feeling mate! I've just been converted to full-time ongoing at my work after 2 years of clinging on the edge. Everything has turned around for me now and things are starting to look up.

Where are ya working?

Holy moly, finally.... I am so happy for you dude, congratulations!

Enjoy your stay in Chile and be sure to hit me up when you get back :)

I know that feeling mate! I've just been converted to full-time ongoing at my work after 2 years of clinging on the edge. Everything has turned around for me now and things are starting to look up.

Where are ya working?

Here: http://www.bartecautoid.com/

Holy moly, finally.... I am so happy for you dude, congratulations!

Enjoy your stay in Chile and be sure to hit me up when you get back :)

Sure will do! :) And thanks!

Awesome! Congratulations, Poke - you thoroughly deserve it. :)
:D Thank you

congrats buddy, i also got offered a new job yesterday, and still waiting to here back from another another job, however its slightly above me so prob wont get it. i lost my temper with my old employer a few weeks ago and told my opps manager to stick his job up his arse. and i can not tell you how good a feeling that was, especially when i was working three jobs for them so thats going to have thrown a spannr in the works for the mother duckers for the short term atleast.

however it has ment ive taken a pay cut which kinda sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Grats m8, I'm happy for you. Motor industry sure is a good place to set foot in.

I too am looking for a job ATM. Got offers from companies 150km+ away, one even from Bristol o_O and I live in central Bavaria. There's just the thing I moved in together with my girl into a new flat only 3 months ago. Last employer new that in advance but didn't have the courage to give me a hint my contract wouldn't be prolongued. Well, well.

Congratulations, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

congrats buddy, i also got offered a new job yesterday, and still waiting to here back from another another job, however its slightly above me so prob wont get it. i lost my temper with my old employer a few weeks ago and told my opps manager to stick his job up his arse. and i can not tell you how good a feeling that was, especially when i was working three jobs for them so thats going to have thrown a spannr in the works for the mother duckers for the short term atleast.

however it has ment ive taken a pay cut which kinda sucks

Ha ha yeah I've had to do similar, I had some bad news and basically informed this assistant manager to back off and give me some space.

He kept "asserting his authority" and each time I said, "back off".

In any case, I was explaining to a friend this news that had happened and he came in and said I was needed on the bar, I said I'd be there in a minute... not even 10seconds passed and he was all "Get on that F***** bar you're here to work not to talk!" (Which is true but still)

I stormed out and said to his face "Any more agro from you and I'll be right out that door!"

Also I had to serve ONE PERSON on that bar and then that was it. I said "That was it!?"

So he didn't leave it said something like "You can go home for all I care, don't speak to me like that, we'll see what happens."

So yeah I stormed out there got my coat and was home in 10 minutes, with a message from my boss apologising for his assistant's attitude.

Anyway, like you say, it's a satisfying feeling, and yes they did struggle since it got busier with what would have been the rest of my shift.

new_job-752464.jpg

Ha ha yeah I've had to do similar, I had some bad news and basically informed this assistant manager to back off and give me some space.

He kept "asserting his authority" and each time I said, "back off".

In any case, I was explaining to a friend this news that had happened and he came in and said I was needed on the bar, I said I'd be there in a minute... not even 10seconds passed and he was all "Get on that F***** bar you're here to work not to talk!" (Which is true but still)

I stormed out and said to his face "Any more agro from you and I'll be right out that door!"

Also I had to serve ONE PERSON on that bar and then that was it. I said "That was it!?"

So he didn't leave it said something like "You can go home for all I care, don't speak to me like that, we'll see what happens."

So yeah I stormed out there got my coat and was home in 10 minutes, with a message from my boss apologising for his assistant's attitude.

Anyway, like you say, it's a satisfying feeling, and yes they did struggle since it got busier with what would have been the rest of my shift.

Sounds like the assistant manager there was am power tripping giant douch, glad to hear you stuck it to the man and its worked out better in the long run. Respect for the initial gamble you took, takes some balls to sack in your job and potentially put yourself in a position where u might have some hard living for a while.

Nice one, congrats and remember to drink the bar dry before you go

Back