I finally have a new job!!!11

Congratulations Poke, great to hear it worked out for you. Sounds like you did well to get away from such a complete nob-end of an assistant boss.

Nice one, congrats and remember to drink the bar dry before you go
And then leave one of these where the assistant will never find it. :D
You could also go back and put some mackerel up in the sealing tiles will create a horrific smell when they start to decompose and will take an age to locate, will prob loose them some custom too, just don't get caught lol

Annoy-a-tron is jokes.

Ages ago, and I'm gutted I never picked up a few because I checked since and not seen them, my local tesco garage had similar devices which were only a quid each. Bargain.

Each only done one sfx, they had mosquito and dripping-tap.

These ones were tiny though, keyring sized and were light activated.

You stash it, when your target goes to bed or whatever and turns the lights out it starts a minute from then... soon as they come back down into the room to check out the noise they inevitably turn the light on and it stops making the e'er noise.

A great little practical joke I thought

DRAMATIC STATUS UPDATE!

I started 2 days ago and so far so good.

Got me doing CSharp and trying to figure out the last guy's code and manipulating MS SQL queries...

On my desk is a brand new laptop connected up to a reasonable-sized HDTV for dual screen coding in VStudio 2010.

I get an hour lunch break but so far I've only been taking 25 minutes.

AAaaaaaaaand I'm also getting home in a much more motivated state leaving time for work on my next game(determined to get it basically finished before releasing too much info...) and also time to actually chill and play games (Or enjoy this summer.. weather... where is our summer weather dammit!?)

(PS anyone waiting for the port of DrawPile - I haven't forgot about it... but I can't seem to get it to stop writing to the NAND... beta release?)

You sound like a very happy fellow indeed, Poke. :) It's great to see!

I'm really glad to hear that it's all going well for you, I really am.

Congrats Kev, I know what you're feeling right now...you're on cloud 9, at the moment. Good luck(have fun) with your new job. :)

congratulations-slide-ag1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys, yeah it's a great feeling to finally be able to use my brain. I really am feeling a million times better. I'm still nto the happiest guy on earth though since my wife and son are still in Chile with UK visa restrictions getting harder and harder... the new job will help toward meeting the new restrictions at least...

I'm still nto the happiest guy on earth though since my wife and son are still in Chile with UK visa restrictions getting harder and harder... the new job will help toward meeting the new restrictions at least...
I know you'll all get through this, Poke, I know it. :)

It really is a disgrace how these restrictions only seem to impact genuine people, and not the floods of illegal immigrants, though. It makes my blood boil.

Back