I Got Flamed!!!(read This)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that you select such subjects for your threads. Subjects such as "Read this", "I got flamed!!! (read this)" and "New Handheld Conclusion(i Worked Hard)" are not the best for someone asking for a simple discussion. It sounds more like saying something along the lines of "I have nothing else to do, please read my posts and agree with me.".

I know you like the plans for the Eve system, but it's certainly not for everyone. Don't push your opinions on other people - they'll only fight back. For example, the EVE system uses a VIA processor if I'm not mistaken, which although can be cooled very easily and cheaply, also has the equivalent processing power of a Pentium 200.

Oh hell, why am I writing this? You'll only partly read it, and then complain that I flamed you.

Is there a way to ignore posts from certain users?

sayqustionsaskanswers posted on May 17 2004 at 08:32 PM said:
The guy that said he was 14 and more mature then me is an idiot. I bet all of you are idiots. Im not sure which of you are idiots but i know a few of you are. I think that i am smarter when it come to computers then most of you here. Hardware wise and maby even software wise. Im 15 and im learning c++ I already know how to take apart and put back togerther a computer. And no one ever tought me. I had to learn every thing by myself. I dont need this from anyone. I dont think anyone has the right to call me stupid.
I'm sure that being 15 and learning C and knowing how to take apart a computer makes you smarter than the average person. (I do not have a high opinion of the average person) But if you think that GP32 users are average people, you're wrong. We're not impressed at all by such things. The type of person who buys a GP32 is more likely the type of person who builds all his own computers, knows more computer languages than verbal ones, overclocks his PDA, chips his PS2, runs Linux on his Xbox, understands the difference between CISC and RISC, etc. In other words, tech is our forte. If you want to impress us, do something that's actually difficult, like writing a full speed NGPC emulator for the GP32. Taking a computer apart is something I did when I was 12. Programming is something I taught myself when I was 5. Your statements do not impress me, and I'll bet a lot of people here outdo me.

You're nothing special, so lose the arrogance.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF ? You bet we are Idiots ??? Im 13 and have 2self built pcs @ home and i willl start learning c/c++ in 6 months. Your english really suxx for your age. Think about my age and stop (f)laming.

WE ARENT IDIOTS. The one who is an idiot is you!!!!

So.... you're 15, and already you've learned arrogance?

To be honest, the only thing I personally have against your threads is the "Read this" bit you tack onto the end of them. Why? Because they are, as many people have said, somewhat pointless. Not that I've got anything really against pointless threads - except when they try to convince me they aren't.

But, I'm afraid to say, you're wrong about Kirby being a kids game. Because really, there isn't such a thing. Conversely, there is such a thing as an adult's game - though ironically, most games that actually take that title to heart involve lots more pink than most - or games unsuitable for kids. But that doesn't mean adults are any less able to enjoy the games they always used to.

Just to make a point, find the first game you ever played and enjoyed. Got it? Now, assuming that's from your early youth, that'd make it a kids' game, wouldn't it? Right. Good. Now. Pick up a match, and burn it.

How did that make you feel?

Tobriand posted on May 17 2004 at 08:46 PM said:
Just to make a point, find the first game you ever played and enjoyed. Got it? Now, assuming that's from your early youth, that'd make it a kids' game, wouldn't it? Right. Good. Now. Pick up a match, and burn it.

How did that make you feel?
LMAO!

I was watching taxi driver last night and had the perfect mental image of DeNiro saying that, brilliant!

bones posted on May 17 2004 at 08:49 PM said:
I bet all of you are idiots. Im not sure which of you are idiots but i know a few of you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: This guy should be on the tv!! :lol:
Hang on a minute....

ITS COMICAL CHEMICAL ALI!

spray posted on May 17 2004 at 08:41 PM said:
Guess what, i'm learning japanese, the banjo and juggling, hey, im not doing anything but i can claim it if i like!
Konbanwa Spray! Me2 kinda. Need to finish my GCSE revision first tho. Got em in a week. Lol I'm 16 an I aint mature lol well in that department yeah but mindwise as if! Lads never grow up! Btw I'm also learnin piano, guitar an im currently doin pretty realistic portraits after yonks of practice. Pratcice makes perfect tho. Gud luck With those m8!

Korn is an example of an idiot. I think that the person that said gp32 users are smart people. I shouldnt have said that hes right. I think that it take intermediate computer knoledge to operate a gp32. So i shouldnt have said that but i do think that i am smarter then a FEW PEOPLE who seem to love to flame me.

this is the best thread since the GBAX one! Man, i wish i had someone to say stupid stuff all the time. This guy reminds me of a boy in my class, hes a genius in an idiots mind!

EDIT: man, you know about as much about computers as a craic whore. You have the knowledge most had when they were about 10.

EDIT2: i was testing you, well done rigor.

finty101 posted on May 17 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
, hes a genious in an idiots mind!
:lol: I have GOT to remember that. I have a feeling I'll use it a lot.

P.S. it's spelled genius

P.P.S. I think sayquestionsaskanswers's threads need to be LOLed

It's quite simple, if you don't want to get flamed you shouldn't state your opinions as the truth. Just post your opinion and respect others, you can disagree and give arguements but don't call people idiots for disagreeing with you. Most people here have very strong opinions and disagree with eachother often which is not a problem as long as you treat eachother with respect.
Pointing out that you worked hard on something and that what you state is not open for discussion is asking for problems. If you want to do something like that you should really make sure your information is correct and that you are stating facts and facts only.
In short: you got flamed because you asked for it. Just lighten up and don't try to impress other people so hard and you'll be fine ;)

raven posted on May 17 2004 at 08:55 PM said:
don't try to impress other people so hard and you'll be fine ;)
Rule of Thumb: Assume everyone else knows more than you and act accordingly.

P.S. testing? me?

raven posted on May 17 2004 at 08:55 PM said:
Most people here have very strong opinions and disagree with eachother often which is not a problem as long as you treat eachother with respect.
thank you, this is why this community is so great, we dont have people enforcing there opinion like the word of god, we can just discuss it, like real people.

The 'paying for emus' topic a while was a great example... :)

Goddamn did I miss a lot in an hour... sayforetc you best bet is to:

A) Calm down
B) Start again..

Don't knock it it's like having monty python posting to our boards.

He'll be doing the dead GP32 next.

A customer enters a console shop.
Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The owner does not respond.)
Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss?
Owner: What do you mean "miss"?
Mr. Praline: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
Owner: We're closin' for lunch.
Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this GP32 what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the GP32...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.
Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead GP32 when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable console, the GP32, idn'it, ay? Beautiful display!
Mr. Praline: The display don't enter into it. It's stone dead.
Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
Mr. Praline: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the console) 'Ello, Mister Polly GP32! I've got lovely fresh batteries for you if you
show...
(owner hits the console)
Owner: There, he moved!
Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the console!
Owner: I never!!
Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!
Owner: I never, never did anything...
Mr. Praline: (yelling and hitting the console repeatedly) Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!
(Takes GP32 and thumps it on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)
Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead GP32.
Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!
Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!?
Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! GP32s stun easily, major.
Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That GP32 is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour
ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged gaming session.
Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for Korea.
Mr. Praline: PININ' for the KOREA?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he switch off the moment I got 'im home?
Owner: The GP32 prefers keepin' off! Remarkable console, id'nit, squire? Lovely display!
Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that GP32 when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason looked like it was working was because you'd glued a picture of sonic the hedgehog to the screen.
(pause)
Owner: Well, o'course it was glued there! If I hadn't glued it there, it would have had games on it and before you know it
VOOM! Freeware!
Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this GP32 wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!
Owner: No no! 'E's pining!
Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This GP32 is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e
rests in peace!'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-GP32!!
(pause)
Owner: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh,
we're right out of GP32s.
Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture.
Owner: I got a spectrum.
(pause)
Mr. Praline: Can it emulate anything?
Owner: Nnnnot really.
Mr. Praline: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
Owner: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)
Mr. Praline: Well.
(pause)
Owner: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place?
Mr. Praline: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

Regarding what someone said about GP32 aimed at people who build there own PCs..I know it is your opinion, but it might not be true..>.<; I cant build a PC and I am hopeless at anything related to windows, I just bought it for a new experience.. it seems like a great console. Also, I wish you people would stop insulting each other, that script in the previous 2 posts..I understood none of that, and I doubt someone who types like askquestion or whatever his name is understood it either. No point in saying clever jokes if they cant understand~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back