I got my Pandora... now what?

usurp

Still Fresh
pandora.jpg

I got my Pandora today from iThic (http://ithic.com/). I ordered it around 10 days back and they were nice enough to test it out (I live in Kuwait) before shipping it to me. My first impressions is the build quality is a lot better than I was expecting. Other than the dodgy feeling power switch everything seems to be very solid.

My question is this, what do I do now? There aren't any emulators installed, I don't think it's the latest system version, and I don't know where to go from here. Is there a page online that shows me the steps of what I need to do to get emulators installed?

quick question, do i need a really fast SD card or would any work?

If you have your Pandora hooked up to a WiFi or wired network, then don't forget to download PNDstore. It will greatly simplify upgrading installed packages.

quick question guys, how can i format the sd card as fat32?

quick question guys, how can i format the sd card as fat32?

In Windows just right click the SD card in the windows explorer, select format and FAT32 is an option.

on the Pandora, your best bet is to download the PND of gparted. this will give a simple gui interface for partitioning and/or formatting storage devices. Warning you can really mess things with that utility... Make sure you selected the SD card.. not the NAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a pc (just mac) and I'm at starbucks right now. Downloaded dosfstools and followed instructions to format to fat32 and fdisk shows me my USB is now 32 but my browser can't read it

^ Yep, Disk Utility, and "MS-DOS Filesystem" from the drop-down menu. :p

I'm back home now and formatted it. Downloading Hotfix package 5 and am now flashing. *fingers crossed*

wow i think i finally got things figured out and just installed PNDstore. Is there a way to have the app show up on my desktop without having to restart?

nevermind, seems to be appearing automatically on the desktop. So far its not bad, its just getting started thats a bit chaotic for someone whos coming over with no linux experience

You will get use to that. It is an easy system but it could be even easier.

I´m glad you are installing stuff. Next step: Play everything you can :)

Actually, data files and ROMs first. I don't think we can standardize those; I do think we can create a program, however, that puts things in the right places for you. Emulators and ports needing data files don't come out terribly often, anyway.

Back