I Got The Joystick Cap Replacement

I just recieved one of the new GPH joystick caps but I have to say even though it is better in some areas I would still prefer a D-pad, so much that i'm willing to mod my GP2x.

I just got my replacement cap in yesterday. Gee, what a difference it makes!

IMG_0523.JPG

^ That website never works for me. I never see the images.

I just got my MKII cap today (put it on my MKI) and have to say it makes a world of a difference and that bump in the center is VERY small, it does not hurt but does truly help.

Is the gp2x.co.uk cap much different than the new GPH cap? I live in the US, but I might order from the UK if the cap is better.

I have the 'new GPH cap', as I call it the MKII cap. I have to say it makes a world of difference. Plus I think it looks better then having 'GP2X' on your stick cap, although mine does not seem to match the black. Its slightly lighter.

They are both great caps, I would just go with whichever one is cheaper.

Is there any point in upgrading from the MKII cap? The only problem I have with the stick is that it is too tight, and I'm guessing neither Craig's nor DaveC's cap will solve this?

Is there any point in upgrading from the MKII cap? The only problem I have with the stick is that it is too tight, and I'm guessing neither Craig's nor DaveC's cap will solve this?

It WILL get looser. My first MK2 unit (which is only about a month old now...maybe less) is much looser than it was when I first received it. I just received my second unit, and when I compare I can REALLY feel the difference. It just has to be broken in, and with some of the quality emulators available that shouldn;t be a problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think the wider cap would that much of a difference for me, but it has... as far as I'm concerned. I seem to have much better directional control with the larger surface. I'm glad I got the upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have to say that the wider cap looks very cool. Which online retailer was this that it was purchased?

Back