I hate my dog

lordbobjones

I hate my dog. She was so excited to see me that her tail caught my charging cable, dragging my Pandora off the table and onto the tile floor where the right shoulder button was mashed in. Grrr... Instant reboot to menu...

So I loosened the screw a bit hoping the button would pop back out. No luck. Next I backed out the screw where I was able to move the button out, but it would no longer work. A quick removal of the back cover and I discovered the hardware button has broken loose from the mother board.

So RMA it is I guess. Crap crap crap...

I will have a very nice beagle skin case for my Pandora when it returns from RMA... Now to search out the RMA address and process...

beagle2.jpg

Sorry to hear, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures? If the solder point broke off you could solder it back on, or get a friend to solder it back on.

Heh same thing happened to me, except both shoulder buttons were crushed down when I dropped it, however the actual buttons on the board stayed intact for me.

Bad luck mate...

I will try to post some pics later today. I don't know if i trust anyone close by with the repair. I would do it myself but my hands are getting to shaky as the years go by and I do not trust myself with a hot iron anymore. Anyone in the community near Houston Texas that could do it?

Everything thing else works afaik. I have a second one on order so I might live with this for a while until I get my second pandora. We shall see. So far it has been only mildly aggravating.

I understand your pain - but that doesn't seem like an RMA situation to me.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

Maybe you meant that you would be sending it in for ED to give you a repair cost estimate and for you to pay for the repairs due to the accidental damage.

I know it's a pain - but no way should ED & the new OpenPandora company (what is the official name?) be required to pay for repairing the machine under that scenario.

Grench I was not expecting an RMA. Just using a familiar term. In my message to ED I spelled out that I did not expect a free repair and I inquired as to what the rates would be for repair.

So you can take off your judgement hat now and have a tea and chill. Jeezzz.

Wounded, did we learn anything about having trailing cables around and a pet in the same room?

Good luck with the repairs hope you dont have to survive to long without your pandora. Think i would get some withdrawral symptomes without a pandora within toutching distance.

Well, I remember I became one of the first people in the world to have a truly wireless PC, shortly after I got my pet rabbit. Oh yeah, pets love playing with computers too it seems.

Well, I remember I became one of the first people in the world to have a truly wireless PC, shortly after I got my pet rabbit. Oh yeah, pets love playing with computers too it seems.

haha thats amazing my pet rabbit did that to my nes when i was 5 and i can remember being absolutely devostated so my poor parents kindly went and bought me a new one :D

Yes,yes my Rottweiler [bruno] carries my wireless keyboard away when he wants to go walk.

Yes,yes my Rottweiler [bruno] carries my wireless keyboard away when he wants to go walk.
haha thats brilliant rottweilers are brilliant i had always wanted one since i can remember. And i finally got my first in june :D and could not be happier. How olds bruno?

haha thats brilliant rottweilers are brilliant i had always wanted one since i can remember. And i finally got my first in june :D and could not be happier. How olds bruno?
He's an Italian Rot and is 2 years. How old is yours?

A great breed indeed.

Last edited:
Haha so hes at that awsome age where he still thinks hes pupy but is a big lad.

Jades 2ish aswell, i dont believe shes pure rotty though i think shes got a little labrador in her or something, for a rottweiler shes quite small and has a lab shaped head rather than a great big meat head like most rottys.

i know its kinda bad and i dont condone back yard breeding in dogs at all but she is origionally from a back yard breader, so shes never had any proper documentation about her birth or exact breed and all that. I got her from a rescue home cause she was gonna be put down that week if she wasnt re-homed. she does have a few issues but were slowly training them out of her. either way i thinks shes great ( i will upload a pic in the pets thread next time i have my camera to hand)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back