I Have A Gp2x...

Jarska333 said:
So, how toxic are those sprayfumes, anyway?
Toxic enough. Depending on the laws of the place where the cans were produced, the label will tell you various things, like risks of cancer and birth defects :eek: Wear a mask covering your mouth and nose, as thick as possible, and also some eye glasses.

Good luck with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
euro48k said:
go for external storage or call 0800-bacteria :)

xnopasaranx said:
PM bacteria. His mods are not always the nicest looking but he's gathered tons of experience with stuff like this. Infact, I think he fried one of his gp2xs in the process.
Yes, I fried my first GP2x as I didn't know how to solder wires to contacts or solder to traces and didn't have a multimeter. Bull in a china shop!

Sure, my early mods looked ugly, I was inexperienced then - my Nintendo 64 Advance was quite nice (but bulky), my GP2x project which will be completed soon will be very pretty - I will be putting a piece of printed textured paper over the top of this (pic below) and have decals - this is a pic of it so far, and yes, the screen rotates nicely! Buttons will look nicer and be mounted well (details on BenHeck, although the site is down for the moment; happens sometimes).

When this project finishes, I will post a topic in News in this forum.

My next project will be a very ambitious one, and will look even nicer. I am getting the hang of this now! Each project is getting more sophisticated, slimmer and prettier...

On topic, if you can't mount a D-pad into the assembly, you could always make the contact wires go through the back of the case, glue a piece of card/plastic on the front hole to conceal it, and wire up an old NES controller to work with the contacts from the GP2x - this is not difficult and you don't even need to solder to traces, as each contact has a nice solder point!

Consider giving the D-pad surround a good sanding so it looks nice. If you have any holes or dips, you can use some bondo putty or similar, then re-sand. Then re-paint, and varnish the case afterwards or the paint will flake and lift off in places.

Up to you though.

bacteria said:
Consider giving the D-pad surround a good sanding so it looks nice. If you have any holes or dips, you can use some bondo putty or similar, then re-sand. Then re-paint, and varnish the case afterwards or the paint will flake and lift off in places.

Up to you though.
varnish ?!?

i think you mean Laquer...

similar stuff but a Very different finish.

Back