I Have The New Blus

I don't know why a different LCD has to mean an incompatible one. I think maybe it is more of an LCD driver chip that is different rather than the actual screen itself. I would think they could still use the Taiwan LCD and have it work if the chip was made to be compatible to the old one. I suppose if someone has both versions could take them apart and check for differences in the electronics.

I would bet that Craig and Lik-sang have expressed concerns that the new incompatible LCD will severely effect sales and cause mass confusion from customers that will think their system is broke. If sales slow down maybe then GP will correct the problem I would hope.

They are using these new screens forever so we just have to get used to it, people are already working on the problem, it will be over soon ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

good
theres the mentality all these people need to have
I know ur pissed ur new product works bad, but theres nothing you can really do about it
now we see the strength of the community
we have to come together to solve this problem that GP won't
now there's a test of integrity for a almost 4 year old 3rd world handheld
impressive if you ask me

~Octavious

I think they ARE trying to fix it.

Lik-Sang have been great - probably as good as they could be

Gamepark have been extremely slack at testing the new hardware obviously, but no-doubt are working to fix it. I doubt its just a 'couple of hours' job for them - and i bet they are testing it thoroughly this time :)

I hope so :(

I hope they don't give up and just say "there's no point 'cus the community's fixing it".

I was wanting my sister to get one and a GP-LINK, but not while the
only ones availiable are "BLU+'s".

is there any plans for implementing save states in GP Engine?? This news really breaks my heart, GP Engine was the #1 reason I was buying a GP, but not having save states is really gonna suck. What about SRAM games like Neutopia? Do they save????

Anything made with the Fenix engine gets the line.

SmashGP .3 amazing doesnt :)

bast525 posted on Dec 14 2004 at 04:38 AM said:
is there any plans for implementing save states in GP Engine?? This news really breaks my heart, GP Engine was the #1 reason I was buying a GP, but not having save states is really gonna suck. What about SRAM games like Neutopia? Do they save????

No. No saves, no SRAM. Basically the GPengine source code was lost before they could add those things to it. So it remains forever unfinished. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Craig..... Is there anyway you could do a screenshot comparison of the Blu and the Blu+ screen. I would like to see the difference in brightness and clarity of the two.
Thanks in Advance.... :D

well u see, GP dosn't have to fix it
it works fine on all of their stuff, sept maybe pinball, but then all they HAVE to do is release a pinball patch, or a second version
you have to realize how small a company this is
they wont do anything less they have to
the GP32 wasnt meant to run all these homebrew things, i was just designed so that they left the back door open

you have to think in the real world people, not ur" im pissed, they should do that" world

~Octavious

I ordered my GP from GBAX a couple of months ago. Its a Christmas present so im not allowed it yet. Will it be one of the new ones, if so how can I tell.

they lost the source code

and just gave up, like that?

:blink:

are any of the other PC engine emus still being worked on at all? any chance for saves in any of them or any of them even coming along well? this bites one of my favorite games on pc engine is neutopia and you can't play that w/o saves :( was looking forward to having that on a handheld. damn that just killed a HUGE part of the reason I wanted the GP to begin with.

rlyeh (the author of all the emutator that begin with "F" on the GP32 eg. Fsms, Fgb etc.) is rumored to be making an PC Engine emulator called Fpce. How true this is or if and when it will be released is anyone`s guess. Especially considering he has sooo many other projects going on.

Trooper

ASB posted on Dec 14 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
I ordered my GP from GBAX a couple of months ago. Its a Christmas present so im not allowed it yet. Will it be one of the new ones, if so how can I tell.
If it was ordered a couple of months ago and it's already been delivered it will be the older type. Craig has only just received his shipment of the newer BLU+ so it won't be one of those. :)

pea posted on Dec 14 2004 at 04:10 AM said:
I think they ARE trying to fix it.

Lik-Sang have been great - probably as good as they could be

Gamepark have been extremely slack at testing the new hardware obviously, but no-doubt are working to fix it. I doubt its just a 'couple of hours' job for them - and i bet they are testing it thoroughly this time :)

Where did you hear that Gamepark was trying to fix the compatibility problems? From what I have been hearing GP basically said that this is the way it will be, stuff won't work, tough shit we ain't changing anything.

They don't seem to give a rat's ass if stuff isn't working. They just pushed off the problem to developers by telling them to change their code. That is a lame solution as many things are not updated and/or have no source.

craigix posted on Dec 14 2004 at 01:27 AM said:
They are using these new screens forever so we just have to get used to it, people are already working on the problem, it will be over soon ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

That really must suck for you as I am sure it will hurt sales. I know I wouldn't want a unit that had the screen all messed up in many emus etc. I would think that you would be pissed.

The way I see it is that Gamepark has two choices:

1) Do nothing and lose many sales and possibly go out of business.
2) Fix it and sell more units and stay around for awhile.

I wonder what option they will chose ;) I think we have a good idea, they aren't exactly brilliant.

Back