I Just Bought A Ps2

Q-Wi-Q

[Quincy Archer hates you]
I'm looking for good games on the ps2 :)

what I4ve got:

- SSX tricky
- Evil Twin
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2

what I leek: dark games, good storylines, preferably RPG's but GTA-like games are great too (I'm looking for Vice City as we speak)

None I like are really dark, but...

Fantavision and Parrapa the Rapper 2 can be picked up for about a fiver each, and are both excellent games.

Also the eyetoys can be fun, and if you havent got it already Prince of Persia rocks.

Jak and daxter games
Ratchet and clank games
Metal gear solid
Wipeout fusion
ICO

They're great. There's also a load of hopefully ace games coming out by October time. Driv3r, the amazingly hyped Kill Zone, the sequal to the getaway, +loads more I forgot.

Got myself a network adapter too, so looking forward to online splinter cell pandora tomorrow :D. No paying (unless the specific game needs it, like everquest) for ps2 online unlike the xbox.

You might also be interested in this. Me and finty are eagerly awaiting :D.

Jak and daxter games
Ratchet and clank games
Metal gear solid
Wipeout fusion
ICO

They're great. There's also a load of hopefully ace games coming out by October time. Driv3r, the amazingly hyped Kill Zone, the sequal to the getaway, +loads more I forgot.

Got myself a network adapter too, so looking forward to online splinter cell pandora tomorrow :D. No paying (unless the specific game needs it, like everquest) for ps2 online unlike the xbox.

I think he means Flinty :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
thnx for the great replies!! :)

it doesnt HAVE to be dark, but I like dark :). simple, light, happy games are great aswel, actually I like a lot of games :p

Twisted Metal Black is fun
Zone of Enders is fun and has good storyline
Devil May Cry
Silent Hill series even tho you can get em for PC
kingdom Hearts is a great RPG
Ring of Red is a fun strategy game
COntra: Shattered soldier

Those are the games I recommend:

Round-Based RPGs:

- Breath of Fire 5
- Grandia II
- Xenosaga
- Shadow Hearts (perfect for you: Really dark RPG!!!)
- Wild Arms 3

Action-Based RPGs:

- Kingdom Hearts
- Dual Hearts

Other Games:

- Dog's Life (real fun to play!)

Twisted Metal Black is fun
Wanna arrange a time to play online? I'm not too bad at it seeing as I only got it the other day :D.

Disgaea - Trailer

That game looks pretty awesome. Well the fights look impressive anyway. I love 2d rpgs as well and that seems to 3d, but pretending to be 2d kind of. Nice, I'll look up some reviews.

Edit: Actually I think it's a strategy. Still nice tho B).

Also, anyone reccomend some good online ps2 games? I have tony hawks and twisted metal black, and I'm borrowing socom 1, need for speed (ace game!) and a football game I havn't got round to looking at yet. Looking forward to splinter cell P.T. online and Killzone :D.

another question: how do I best chip my ps2? it's a V4 (30004)... is it safe to do it yourself (as I'm not very handy :))

Damn right! Oh I think you should forget about that site I mentioned, I emailed them and they never replied :(

Q-Wi-Q: Get your ps2 chipped if you are interested in emulators or homebrew, although there arnt that many sites around about ps2 homebrew (check out #ps2 on efnet). Dont even attempt to chip a version 4 ps2 if your not very handy, they are the hardest model, go to your local market or something.

got the best recomendation ever Suikoden 3.And 2 and 1 for ps1.Best rpg series ever.But beside those I recomend you get an xbox.

Suikoden is the only reason i won a ps2.

Gran Turismo 3
DDRMAX
DDRMAX2
Devil May Cry
.Hack Series
XG III
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank 2

dark angel for dark storyline.soul reaver 2 and blood omen 2 too.Suikoden 3 for ps2 if u really want a badass rpg.

Back