I Just Got My Caanoo

Pickle said:
Just got a cannoo, seems as is nothing from the wiz is runable (although im hearing sounds of the community coming up with a workaround)

Yeah I tried a load of stuff. Oddly, the icons all show properly, so I assume it'll be a simple matter to get them running.

Hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Just got a cannoo, seems as is nothing from the wiz is runable (although im hearing sounds of the community coming up with a workaround)

Pickle my man, if we have you packaging stuff up for the Caanoo, I will almost certainly purchase one!

Here's hoping :rolleyes:

how come people have already getting caanoo i thought the release date was 27th august or are thease the developers that get them first?

frolik said:
Pickle said:

Pickle my man, if we have you packaging stuff up for the Caanoo, I will almost certainly purchase one!

Here's hoping :rolleyes:

No guarantee's ;-) but there are a couple things ld like to do on it.

jutley said:
how come people have already getting caanoo i thought the release date was 27th august or are thease the developers that get them first?
Just Caanoo's (pre-production) samples for resellers, devs, and reliable reviewers/supporters  :p

Pickle said:

I'd love to see you do something cool with the analog stick.

Nova said:
Pickle said:

Its kind of useless for FPS since it has to be used for movement. I wish they would have put a dpad on the left and the analog on the right. That combination has worked well on the pandora.

Pickle said:
Nova said:
Pickle said:

Its kind of useless for FPS since it has to be used for movement. I wish they would have put a dpad on the left and the analog on the right. That combination has worked well on the pandora.
what do you think of the caanoo now you have it what are your overall thoughts of the device as a hardcore developer?

jutley said:
Pickle said:
Nova said:
Pickle said:

what do you think of the caanoo now you have it what are your overall thoughts of the device as a hardcore developer?

Well i only used it a bit last night so Ill let things set in for a bit and then maybe write up something more detailed.
From a development view though the caanoo isnt really exciting since its the wiz repackaged. The 128 mb has my interest as I think I can get quake2 with nanogl to run.
Gsensor/Vibration doesnt get me to excited.

Pickle said:
jutley said:
Pickle said:
Nova said:
Pickle said:

Well i only used it a bit last night so Ill let things set in for a bit and then maybe write up something more detailed.
From a development view though the caanoo isnt really exciting since its the wiz repackaged. The 128 mb has my interest as I think I can get quake2 with nanogl to run.
yes but the screen is bigger better brighter clearer and the device itself feels better than wiz and has a gpu that should help a few 3d games abit takes the stress of the cpu abit surley

jutley said:
Pickle said:
jutley said:
Pickle said:
Nova said:
Pickle said:

yes but the screen is bigger better brighter clearer and the device itself feels better than wiz and has a gpu that should help a few 3d games abit takes the stress of the cpu abit surley

wiz has the same gpu as the caanoo ;)
in my opinion the caanoo should have been what the wiz was, aside from the analog stick.

but is still a nice device to pass the time untill i recieve my pandora thats the real daddy.

time for me to spam the boards with one sentence paragraphs with limited or no punctuation so i can get my post count up

So finally, i got my Caanoo too :wub:

My first impressions are really great !
I like the Caanoo at the first moment :wub: !

Really nice design, good handling, very fast boot up, very nice and fast menus :) !

Also cool :ph34r: :
the integrated USB-HOST works "out of the box" with USB Flash MEM (1GB and 8GB tested), external Harddrives,
USB Keyboards and Ralink based WIFI Dongles :D !

here the first pictures from yesterday:

UPS Package
0360oa.jpg

0361.jpg

0369.jpg

0372.jpg

0373.jpg

0374.jpg

0375.jpg

0377.jpg

0379.jpg

0380.jpg

Charging-LED = red, Power on = blue (same like on Wiz)
0381.jpg

The Firmware (but i got the new v0.8.5_Full_20100722 from GPH will flash it soon..
0386.jpg

successfully recognized USB Flash Mem :D
0391.jpg

...and access to the external files
0392.jpg

Finally a short Video: (shows the Caanoo booting and playing Music from ext. USB Flash)

Gtx.,
andY

There's some really nice pictures there! And is that a USB floppy drive? Awesome.

Thanks for the pics, usb host is a very welcome feature. However seeing the same usb adapter as the wobbly wiz one is a big turn off...

Nova said:
There's some really nice pictures there! And is that a USB floppy drive? Awesome.
Thanks ;)

@USB Floppy:

yes it is ;), but it still doesn´t recognized ...
(okay if i connect it to the Cannoo , the floppy powered on and you can hear the seeking sound
maybe it was to late yesterday or the inserted Disk was faulty :unsure:
(I´ll try it again next time)

My vision: to be able to use also a floppy in the future directly with Emulators (Amiga, Atari etc.)

Gtx,
andY

jutley said:
So do you get a ac adapter with the caanoo?
Nope, GPH are going to sell a USB wall adaptor seperately. You'll get a USB cable with the Caanoo so you can charge on your PC.

Back