So I just got my pandora

Knew the cases had to have some flukes. Glad the boards are holding their own.

Any consideration of having this UK company that is making the ICP cases do a Pandora case? Obviously its going to be costly, but just curious if it is being considered.

$499 plus VAT and shipping

My last *car* didn't cost me that and it's on its second MOT 35,000 miles - and 140mph on the autobahn - later (had a cracked windscreen washer bottle the last MOT). I could get two netbooks for that, and still have enough change for a Wii with controllers, or a 3DS.

I've really lost track of why anybody is fascinated with this device any more.

A 3DS is going to be $250 upon release. What kind of netbooks can you get for $125?

I got my pandora last friday. It has two cracks in the case, one on the top of the left SD card slot, and the other between the left nub and d-pad. Was very pissed off about that but considering the actual device is seemingly working fine I've not bothered getting it returned. Starting to wonder if I made the right choice though!

Can you take a photo of this and post it? I've never seen the Pandora crack there before.

Shite camera alert!

070.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

... Um.

... Um. What?

Do I need to point out that I have no interest in buying any of the devices you claim you can get for the equivalent of the cost of a Pandora.

If someone offered me two netbooks and a Wii ... or ... a Pandora.

I wouldn't even hesitate. (if I could sell said netbooks and Wii for a profit and buy a Pandora + extras then maybe I would choose option 1).

So yes, you have lost track.

Question: were you ever on track? Why were you interested in the Pandora in the first place?

P.s. I apologize for being 'rude', but I don't understand what you're doing here. :huh:

I think one of the best reasons to stick with a pandora is:

you can have a beer with the guy who assembled your pandora! :)

The dude actually allows accomodations to be made to allow for easy overclocking in the default software package.

My last *car* didn't cost me that and it's on its second MOT 35,000 miles - and 140mph on the autobahn - later (had a cracked windscreen washer bottle the last MOT). I could get two netbooks for that, and still have enough change for a Wii with controllers, or a 3DS.

A 3DS is going to be $250 upon release. What kind of netbooks can you get for $125?

I got my pandora last friday. It has two cracks in the case, one on the top of the left SD card slot, and the other between the left nub and d-pad. Was very pissed off about that but considering the actual device is seemingly working fine I've not bothered getting it returned. Starting to wonder if I made the right choice though!

Can you take a photo of this and post it? I've never seen the Pandora crack there before.

Shite camera alert!

070.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

Is it a crack all the way through?

It looks like it's had some kind of huge whack on it, but it would have been closed during shipping, the plastic in those areas is really thick PC-ABS, it would take some serious force to even break it by hand!

I cannot understand how it has happened, you're welcome to a replacement, I've never seen that part of the case crack before.

nice troll bro, that was almost a complete page of responces!

*golfclap*

nice troll bro, that was almost a complete page of responces!

*golfclap*

And trust us, this guy would know. He's an experienced troll on these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

It looks like it's had some kind of huge whack on it, but it would have been closed during shipping, the plastic in those areas is really thick PC-ABS, it would take some serious force to even break it by hand!

I cannot understand how it has happened, you're welcome to a replacement, I've never seen that part of the case crack before.
Are those even cracks? They look like surface scratches like someone dragged a key across it. Maybe it's just the lighting.

Are those even cracks? They look like surface scratches like someone dragged a key across it. Maybe it's just the lighting.

I can't tell if the one near the d-pad is a complete crack or not, but it's certainly a very deep scratch. The one over the SD card slot is definitely a crack.

Back