I Just Unwrapped My 2Nd Pandora ..(*-)

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
okay, so i've had my pandora(s) for a few weeks now, and as i might've mentioned, my #54 has been an object of love for a long time.

i held back on opening my second one for a few weeks, and actually left it in the box.

i've been very pleased with the pandora, i'm a real fanboix.

so i opened my box today, and first surprise: no stylus!!

"ah!", i hear you say! "this is a good sign to fanboix!"

yes, indeed, i chuckled to myself '.. i got one of the first, the crew must've been stressed to have forgotten it, no big deal..', and i did, indeed consider it a lucky sign, as only a fanboix can know.

well, then i opened up the battery compartment to look at the serial number .. you know, sort of giddy.

pandora2serial.jpg

!! ;)

I don't get it? What's good or whatever about that number?

I like the FB stamp though, I didn't notice they done that before

Edit: is it that that pandora is number 8, and that's a very early one?
...I'd think that as nice myself ;)

and what's with the random number '9' and '1' in the s/n for, they all have that right?

It's #8, they numbered them serially till about 100..
Cool, that's going to be a collector's item soon! Good for you Torpor!

I consider 008 lucky because 1: 8 is a lucky number to me, and 2: the other one was #054 .. which was low enough as it is, but I was expecting 53 or 55 to be in the box.

008 is, like, to me, a really neat, low number. I know, its just fanboix neatism, but it was a nice surprise.

EDIT: yes, I bought two, within the very first few seconds of it being possible. I consider my fair wait along with everyone else to be just as valid as any other. You guys who don't have yours yet, just wait for it! Its worth it in lots, and lots, of different ways ..

With real Craigix (maybe) fingerprints? Better not wipe those off if you want to increase the collectors item appeal. :p

Heh, they forgot a stylus on yours and a power switch on mine. :p

It makes some sense from what I read on the official blog the other day, about how the first couple of days of builds were really trying to get them dones as fast as possible. Then they slowed down after a couple of days and upped the quality. I had to send mine back because of the LCD cable/solder issue. But, it's already on its way back to me. :D

I'm sorry but considering a missing stylus a lucky sign makes you come off like a total loser ;p

`ahahahahaaaaaaa i wonder who owned that pandora before u ? that pandora is famous in scotland you know,its that or a dupe.

ohh and all 4000 are numbered are they not as mine is 523 before 523 were even off the line.

joking aside m8 - that number 8 i think was my first pandora,i am not 100% sure but i think so,it was sent back nearly two weeks ago i think,i have a bad memory but i think it was 8 and those scuff marks look the same as well.

I think OPT are putting the labels on randomly to a degree.

Congratulations on getting a unit with your lucky number, torpor! It's always fun when stuff like that happens. :p

Exophase said:
I'm sorry but considering a missing stylus a lucky sign makes you come off like a total loser ;p
I dunno, Exo. My replacement came with a missing stylus - I considered myself lucky because it wasn't my old unit! :lol: (Granted, after I sent an e-mail, they sent a stylus out to me the same day, so it was with me the next morning. :p )

paddy said:
ohh and all 4000 are numbered are they not as mine is 523 before 523 were even off the line.
Craig said that only the first 100 were numbered in order, for what it's worth. :p (My replacement, 246, is a much later unit than my original, 426, was.)

Last edited by a moderator:
that makes sense then as i wasn't sure about my number being in order of build B) it is cool how he got his lucky number tho and an extra rare one that has been up n down the uk :lol: naa i am not sure it could be my old unit but the number 16 and 28 seem to stick as well,strange how they are even numbers as well.

paddy, i got my two pandoras about the same time you did, i only didn't open the second one.

besides that, i'd be honored if it was 'your old one', without a stylus. i wasn't expecting anything special besides another pandora to use, but you're just adding to the amusement now!

its charging away, i'm making an SD, and so on ..

Nice, I was just happy to be in the first 50, but number 8 is quite low!

I'm sure 1,2,3,4,5 went to the guys assembling them eh?
I'm pleased with 49 so far, no issues at all other than the bowed bezel and a wonky shoulder button press.

My first is #39 i think, something like that. My second i think was mid 50s. Damn you torpor ;) *high 5*

Jeffphone

But why the random numbers '9' and '1' in the s/n?

Is this just something OPT done for their own reasoning, mayb lucky numbers for them or something?

Why ain't it just 000000000001 up to 00000004000 style?

Back