SD Slot Card pin broken (+Help)

IsaacGS

Still Fresh
Hi!

My first Pandora arrived a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I did something stupid, I inserted a SD Card on the wrong side in one of the Slots and It stopped working. I opened the Pandora, opened the Slot and realized that one of the pins broke. If I fuse a hard wire in the place of the pin it should works? Do you have any idea of what I should do fix the SD Slot? I had plans to use two SD cards of 64GB to have a Pandora with a lot of space.

Thank you!

How much of the pin is broken?

Maybe some solder skill will help.
The whole pin, it broke in the middle and in the end, like this:

| - -

I had no luck, because as the pin broke in the middle I don't think it's a good idea to fuse it, but use something to replace. Does it have to be a specific material?

Have you thought just send it back in to be repaired? if you live in the US, Link may be able to handle the repair in his shop.

Have you thought just send it back in to be repaired? if you live in the US, Link may be able to handle the repair in his shop.
I am from Brazil, that's why I'm thinking of repairing it myself. But if I can't, I'll see if I can send it somewhere to be repaired.

Best bet would be to get it to Germany.  My solder skills are OK, but I don't get much practice.

ED & Askarus are champs though.

Well, if the Pin is completely broken, the full SD Card slot would need to be replaced, which is something GC can do (for about 15 EUR).

If the pin is still half intact, it might work by simply bending it down, or solder some additional wire to it.

I've repaired some of those already on the GP2X, but yes, we need to see pics to help out here.

Back