I just went and ordered a gp32...

after much debating i decided to order a gp32 last night (so it should arrive on monday or tuesday), what can i expect? i have an old 32mb SMC, should i buy a 128mb one??? what will i get with it?? where can i find a sort of "setting up a gp32 for dummies" guide? what is the best snes emu?

cheers

Andy

You'll soon fill up the 32mb SMC - Once you start getting into MP3s and DIVX movies you'll really need a 128mb SMC. A good place to buy these at the moment is www.7dayshop.com - they sell them for well under £30 and delivery is only 95p. I'm sure if your not in the UK theres loads of other places where you can buy one for similar prices.

My GP32 came in a small box and included the GP32, Manual and a USB to GP32 cable. First thing I did was goto the GamePark web site, downloaded the PC drivers, PC software etc and then registered my GP32. I then went to the Entware web site and registered there. I believe theres a guide somewhere which explains all of this - its pretty simple really.

As for the SNES EMU - I've not tried yet, I'm still playing about with the PCEngine Emu, Doom and all the other freebie games/demos/utils!

Cheers, i just bought a 128mb SMC from

Ebuyer

for £23 with free shipping until the first of may

i thought that was pretty good..

cheers B)

There's a good Newbies setting up guide in the guides section of www.gp32emu.com. That's what I used and I had no probs at all :D

I was in the same position as you when I first got my GP32 - I only had a 32Mb card. Its actually more than enough to get you started, but you still need more eventually, when you get used to it. That's why I've not got a 128Mb card too...

Have fun! :p

Back