I Love The Re-preorder

Gaeryc

Website
Visit site
I got back 259,69£ because of the re-preorder mess. At that time that was around 303€.
When I re-preordered, I paid them 259,69£. This time it meant less than 280€.

Anyone else profiting from the weak £ because of pandora?

Gruso said:
You're not profiting, you're breaking even (minus a few bank fees). What you're celebrating is a significant loss at OpenPandora's end. :huh:
Not necessarily. I tried to XOOM transfer to them the exact amount I paid in GBP. (197.77 GBP). With the XOOM fee it came out to be $305. I was refunded roughly $305 (and some cents). So its pretty much breaking even with no effect on the Pandora team (in my case). Now, if only the xoom transfer didn't fail on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no. The fact that my bank doesn't charge for currency conversion within the EU, and only charges 10 SEK (less than £1) for a transfer within the EU, coupled with the weakened GBP, saved me a small amount from what I was refunded (though I also lost a small amount from initial payment to refund), but in total it's not so much that I would consider it a "win" for me or a "loss" for OP. I'm just happy that I didn't have to put up with ridiculously inflated transfer and conversion fees.

Openpandora still gets the same amount of money, 259,69£. I think that if they are producting these things in usa they should charge us in dollars so things like weakened £ wouldn't matter.

And no, I didn't pay any conversion fees, this is finland for crying out loud ;) Getting over 6% profit in short time like this is really good profit, my bankaccounts interest in year is under 3%.

Gaeryc said:
Openpandora still gets the same amount of money, 259,69£.
Yes, but when they refunded your 303€ they had to give back 279£ instead of the original 259, so they are losing 20£.

BTW, when I did the re-ordering I gave them back the entire refunded sum (which was explicitly requested in the refund email, and was perfectly even for everyone involved in the transaction).

Oscaruzzo said:
Gaeryc said:
Openpandora still gets the same amount of money, 259,69£.
Yes, but when they refunded your 303€ they had to give back 279£ instead of the original 259, so they are losing 20£.

BTW, when I did the re-ordering I gave them back the entire refunded sum (which was explicitly requested in the refund email, and was perfectly even for everyone involved in the transaction).

No, they gave me 259,69£ but at that time £ was stronger so it was 303€. I waited for about a month between refund and re-preorder.

Oh hang on, I get what you're saying. You paid them back what you were refunded in pounds. So they got the same amount in pounds, but it cost you less euros to do so. Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Mine ended up even at both ends, more or less. The Aussie dollar held pretty consistently against the pound.

I'm in a similar boat. Thanks to the fluctuating exchange rates, I got refunded less in local currency than I paid, but then I sent (or will be sending, just as soon as I get to a post office) less again. Even though I still sent the same amount as originally, I ended up saving a couple bucks in the long run, inclusive of bank fees. Good times, everybody wins!

Gaeryc said:
No, they gave me 259,69£ but at that time £ was stronger so it was 303€. I waited for about a month between refund and re-preorder.
Oh, ok, sorry for the misunderstanding... :unsure:

Back